18

Ms. Ami came right in, as Dr. Bodwen was about to go out, almost colliding with him, "Miley!" she called out my name, now moving towards my bedside, her eyes full of worry and relief, "hey Ms. Ami...I'm back," I smiled at her with a lopsided mouth, not sure how to talk to her now, "goddamn woman! Do you know how worried I was, and the police was definitely no help, I ...I'm glad your okay, you surely gave everyone a scare," Ms. Ami said, giving me a side hug, "would ask what happened, but I don't want to pry, I might be a reporter, but I'm also your friend," she said, taking a seat on the side of me, "thank you, that means a lot to me," I yawned out, snuggling deeper into the pillow, "you're clearly tired, get some rest Miley, I'll take care of the rest," Ms. Ami said, as my eyes closed, only humming in reply, kinda surprised how tired I'm actually.

-

My eyes were still closed as I listened to the doctor talk to someone, 'that definitely doesn't sound like Ms. Ami' I thought, starting to tense up, but I kept my eyes closed. Wishing I had better hearing right now; after a couple of minutes the door closed, leaving me alone with whoever is in this room with me, "you can open your eyes, it's just me," a familiar voice said, closer than I thought it was, I cracked open my eyes, peering straight at Ash's face, "Ash? What are you doing here...and so soon, I barely got here," I mumbled, slightly worried, "don't worry Miley, well actually no...you should worry, cause I was right, Colleen is still alive, and now her clan is after you," Ash rushed out, cutting straight to the point.

Now I'm afraid, casie just looking in Ash's eyes, you know she's not joking, that this is serious, "oh god no...what am I supposed to do, I...I can barely defend myself, especially against people who AREN'T HUMAN!!" I shouted. Feeling my chest constrict in anxiety and fear, "I...I really want to help you...but only if you give me permission, then I can protect you, you can even stay at our HQ safe house...but if you allow me," she said, turning her gaze past me, clearly avoiding eye contact.

Ash didn't have to worry, I'm most definitely safe with her, then here, I trust her, even though there is a chance that I might be  wrong, but I have to try to trust her, "ok...I'll go with you, I trust you," I replied, looking right into her bright eyes full of comfort, "then it's settled, come on, we can't wait any longer," Ash grinned, helping me out of the bed, "wait...I need a change of clothes, not wanting to go out with a hospital gown on, "we'll worry about that later, now hop on," she said, shifting into a lion, but I ignored my fears, and got on the majestic beast back, holding tight to her fur as she lunged forward.

The force of her body broke through the door, small pieces of wood colliding with my head, but I kept my hold on Ash's fur, ignoring the throbbing of my body and head, deciding to close my eyes shut instead of watching everything speed by me, more afraid throwing up right now.