Chapter 6: Pancake?

Monday June 15thhhhh, 2020

Yay! I'm back and ready to write ♪

I was talking to one of my friends, and we sent each other pictures of Idol's for like, ten minutes, and when I was writing this afterwards, all I could think about was freaking Taehyung from Bts...

😋
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was like morning came too quick.

USSR was the first to awake. It wasn't even that surprising, because he was used to not getting any sleep at all, so he felt somewhat refreshed. He was still wrapped in the burrito blanket that Canada had done for him, and decided that he would only move when the Canadian himself was awake, but holy crap he was uncomfortable, and had probably cramped up multiple times in the night. He noticed the earbud on a flap of his Ushanka, but wasn't even upset. He just moved the bud so it was beside Canada's head.

Soviet let his orb wander along America's ceiling, stopping when he got to a corner that connected the ceiling to the peach-coloured walls. He brought his eye down a bit more, and finally noticed that there were blinds covering a sliding door. There was a slight crack through, and the rising sunlight was directly in Canada's face, the Canadian's face all up in a bunch because of it.

Once the Russian caught a glimpse of the younger country, he immediately started to think about him. He wondered why Canada was so alike that special someone, until he remembered that the person was part Canadian. Guess it ran in people who were from that country. Soviet then wondered what would happen after his companion woke up. Would he be dropped off? Would they never talk about this again? Would Canada have a change of heart and the two go The Library of Knowledge and scold the crap out of America? Would Soviet even let Canada into the Library?

USSR didn't know, but he was about to find out.

"*Yawn* S.....Sovi....." Canada murmured, rubbing his eyes. Soviet's eye widened, and he looked almost nervous. There was only one person who ever called him Sovi, and apparently Canada realized what he murmured half-unconsciously. The young male shot up, almost scaring himself half to death. "M-Mister S-Soviet Un-Union, Пожалуйста, прости меня!" (Please forgive me!) Canada yelled, bowing his head in shame and apology.

It was funny to Soviet. So naturally he gave a small smile, not even realizing it at first. "Не нужно извиняться, Канада. Ты все еще сонный," (No need to apologize, Canada. You are still sleepy) the Russian reassured without thinking about the softness of his words. Canada even apologized in Russian, which might have possibly softened Soviet's mindframe.

Canada raised his head from where he was bowing it in apology, and looked relieved that his company didn't throw a fireball at him or something. But it was a little different from yesterday. If Canada had apologized when he first saw USSR, and got the same reaction, then he would probably still be in apology mode. Now, for some absolutely crazy reason, he felt a tad more comfortable around the Russian, so he didn't feel as bad. Maybe in the future he could call him that....?

How the heck does a Scary Communist befriend a almost always scared-to-death Constitutional monarchy? And did Soviet even think of Canada as his friend? What about Canada himself?

The answer was simple.

"Um, I g-guess we can't stay in Ame's house forever... If you want I'll take you to get a bottle of Vodka, as a thank you for staying in the house with me," Canada offered, his cheeks slightly pink. He was a weird country alright. If anything, Soviet should be thanking him for keeping him sane when America did that stupid stunt in the Library. Did the idiot even know how much energy has to be used for something like that? It didn't matter right now, not until Soviet would be able to yell at America himself.

"с-спасибо, Канада," (T-Thanks, Canada)

Soviet had figured out that America called his States back, or else they would have popped up in order from Delaware to Hawaii. He doubted that Canada had figured it out yet, but then again, Canada didn't even know the Magical properties the Library held.

Canada noticed that Soviet was still in the burrito blanket, and smiled because the Russian didn't break out of it, until the conclusion that Soviet could be stuck came into his mindframe. He was about to break into a freak-attack until he saw that Soviet sat up, pushing the blanket off him. "D-Do you want breakfast?" The Canadian asked, checking his phone.

It was 9:46 in the morning. They really slept for a long time.

"I don't eatttt breakffvvvast," Soviet responded normally. It wasn't a lie either, he didn't like to eat breakfast, so whenever Belarus would make him food, he usually just kept it in his room, and if he was lucky, then would eat half of it before the day was over. Soviet didn't even like the concept of eating ever. It was a terrible habit.

The Russian let himself space out for three minutes or so thinking about the type of Vodka he was going to buy, but when he snapped out of his funk, he noticed a Canada wasn't on the other side of the circle couch, and there weren't the blankets or pillows the two were using last night either. "Kanadaaaa?" USSR questioned, not liking the fact that his companion left him.

"Kitchen!"

Soviet stood up, and relaxed himself. He was worried for the young country, and he wasn't even mad at himself for it anymore. If Canada was so like that Special person in his life, then Soviet had no rights to dislike him. And it's not like he could anyways. The commie went into the kitchen, only to see Canada place a large bowl into the counter and turn to start the stove.

"W-Would you like a pancake?" He asked, setting a pan on the now warming stove. He walked over to grab a butter knife, and put a decent amount of butter on the pan, it slowly melting. The Canadian grabbed a large spoon, and walked over to the bowl he put on the counter a minute ago. Soviet just watched curiously. Canada put the large spoon into the pancake mixture in the bowl, then eyeballed the perfect amount into the buttered pan.

Once satisfied, Canada put the bowl and spoon on the counter beside the stove, and looked at the Russian. "гм-" (um) Soviet tried to explain, but stopped when Canada shook his head. "Ah, my apologies. I f-forgot you don't like breakfast. But-But it would make the m-morning much more pleasant..." He murmured, looking down. Soviet couldn't handle it. He couldn't handle the Canadian looking so sad.

"один." (One)