"yes, yes, I won't cry again," seokjin wiped all his tears, trying to control his pheromone who had been radiating fear and distress. he let out shuddering breath. "I'm so glad..."

"yeah, good," taehyung giggled melodiously, almost sending jeongguk and jin to an early death. "you, too, calm down, gukkie. it's time to snap out of it and move on. we haven't even cooked for dinner."

"take out," was all jeongguk growled out before tucking his head further into the hollow of taehyung's collarbones. taehyung laughed at his husband's clinginess and messed the alpha's hear fondly.

namjoon came to the house two hours later, exhaustion was painted clear on his handsome face. he hugged taehyung tightly as soon as he arrived, then patted jeongguk's head to show how proud he was that the younger alpha could control himself so well.

"the kid was expelled, I've dealt with the parents," namjoon told them. "everything's fine now. I'm so sorry for what happened today, tae, it's hyung's fault for not being there sooner and for letting such things happened to you," guilt laced densely on namjoon's voice. he looked so composed if only the tremble on his hands didn't go past the other's eyes.

"it's not you fault, hyung," taehyung sighed. "I should've dealt with this problem better. I'm an adult yet I let myself be treated that way and make you guys worried."

"no, taetae, it's not you fault," namjoon countered back. "please never apologise for anything that happened to you. from now, I promise to do my best to protect you from any harm."

taehyung cried as namjoon pulled him in his arms, "you've done more than enough, hyungie. thank you..." seokjin and jeongguk watched from behind, both with smile on their face.

"and you guys better not think anything bad about yourself," namjoon suddenly said, eyes zeroed on seokjin and jeongguk. "what happened already happened. it's useless if you keep beating up yourself for nothing. the best thing to do is to learn the lesson lest things like this happen again."

jeongguk grumbled but gave the elder alpha a short nod while seokjin let out a windpipe laugh, "yes, yes, our counselling guru." namjoon felt better hearing the two's response. though namjoon knew jin's laugh wasn't half real. he knew the omega still needed more reassurance, that was why namjoon promised himself to spoil his mate as much as possible after they went home.

---

"I'm totally fine, jeonggukie!" taehyung insisted, hands flapping wildly on the air. "why can't you see that?!"

jeongguk growled loudly but taehyung didn't back down. he would turn this big, bad alpha of his into a puppy just so he could go to work and maintain his perfect working attendance.

"I applied ointment to my bruise, bask myself with your scent, let you molly-coddle me like a baby--what more do you exactly need to calm down?!" taehyung almost shouted in his desperation. honestly, he thought this shouldn't be a great deal anymore, things like this already happened a few times back when they were in high school and uni. they should have got used to this. his husband disagreed with his opinion, though.

"can't you understand my feelings? you were so scared, and so was I!" jeongguk shouted back, completely furious. "how can I fucking calm down when I found my mate being attacked in the middle of a fucking corridor?! do you even understand what kind of dangerous situation you just got into?"

"I was the one attacked, I should be the one stressed out! yes, I know you're worried but I'm fine! You should be fine, too!" taehyung's face had turned deep red in anger. "let's end this fight! move on!"

"how can I move on when I'm always unable to save you?!" jeongguk screamed, eyes becoming teary because of frustration. "you have to deal with this every single time and it's hard for me, taehyung! if not because of consideration, I would've locked you here, away from those bastard alphas!"