Chapter 9: Do you wanna build a snowman

I had to change the lyrics a little bit so it would make sense.

______

Varian's P.O.V

Snow! Snow! This will get Y/N to come out. We can build a snowman together. I can't wait to tell them. We can have fun together and I can finally see them. It's been so long since I've seen their beautiful face...wait why did I just say that? I don't like-like them they're my best friend.

Y/N P.O.V

Snow! Why did it have to be snow? Varian is going to want to go outside and with me. No matter how many times I've told him I'm not leaving my room he still asks me to come out. Maybe I could go outside, I mean it has been a while since I've seen his cute smile. Wait why did I say that? I don't have a crush on him he's my best friend. 

Normal P.O.V?

Varian knocked on your door. Y/N? Do you wanna build a snowman? Come on let's go and play, I never see you anymore come out the door it's like you've gone away. We use to be best buddies and now we're not. I wish you would tell me why! Do you wanna build a snowman? It doesn't have to be a snowman. You sang, go away Varian. Varian walked away from your door and started heading home. Ok bye

_____

The next it was still snowing and Varian was going to try to get you out of your room again. When he got to your door he continued his song from yesterday. Do wanna build a snowman or run around the halls. I think some company is overdue I started talking to the pictures on the walls. Hang in there, Joan. It gets a little lonely all these empty rooms. Just watching the hours tick by. Varian went back home after realizing that you weren't going to come out.

_____

"Is she still in her room," Quirin asked Varian. "Yeah, I don't know how to get her to leave." "She'll eventually come out when she realizes that you'll be there to help her no matter what." Varian smiled knowing he was right. Quirin has gotten to know you pretty well since you have been going to their house a lot, he has become the closest thing to a father.

_____

The next day snow was still falling and Varian decided to give it one more try. He went to your door and knocked. Y/N? Please I know you're in there. My dad's been asking where you've been. He says have courage but I'm trying to, I'm right out here for you just let me in. He sat down on the floor hugging his knees with his back against the door, and on the other side of the door, you were doing the same. We only have each other it's just you and me. What are we gonna do? There was a quick pause until Varian continued singing. Do you wanna build a snowman? He said the last line quietly hoping you wouldn't hear his voice breaking. When you realized he was on the verge of tears you decided you need to do something.

You got up and opened the door. Varian fell on his back, but when he saw you he gave you the biggest smile and got up and gave you a big hug. You just stood there at first then you hugged back. When Varian let go he closed the door then turned back to you. "Do you want to talk about it?" Instead of answering you hugged Varian and started crying on his shoulder. He wrapped his arms around and whispered "Everything's going to be okay, and when it's not I'll be here to help you." This calmed you down and you stopped crying.

"So, do you want to build a snowman," You asked. Varian had a big smile on his face. He grabbed your wrist and pulled you outside. Then for the rest of the day, you played outside in the snow. Though you didn't smile or laugh it was a start.