Chapter 11: A million dreams

"WHAT!" This couldn't be happening, you can't go to Equis you can't leave Varian. How would he feel when you tell him? You can't do this. "I'm sorry Y/N but this is what we have to do for another chance at getting you adopted."

Adopted? You didn't care about getting adopted you wanted to be with your real parents and Varian, you weren't going to leave him. "You're going to Equis next week," Mrs. Weeden said, "So you have enough time to say goodbye to your boyfriend."

"Varian's not my boyfriend he's my best friend," You continued "And I'm not going to Equis I'm staying here with him." Mrs. Weeden let out a sigh, "I know this is hard for you but you have to go." "Well, what if I don't want to? I'm not going and you can't make me." You ran to your room and started crying. You cried until you eventually fell asleep.

____

The next day you went to Varian's house to tell him the news. "Are you okay?" You shook your head. "What's wrong?" You looked at Varian's ocean blue eyes, he looked so happy and you were about to ruin it, but it's not like you have a choice. "When I got back to the orphanage yesterday Mrs. Weeden told me that I'm going to a new orphanage in Equis."

Varian's P.O.V

What! They're was going to a different kingdom! "Why?" That was all I could manage to say. "Since I haven't been adopted and it's been 6 years since I started adoption interviews she said I might have a better chance at getting adopted there." 

She started crying and hugged me like their life depended on it. "I told her I didn't want to go but she said I have to. I don't want to leave you." Their voice was muffled on my shoulder but I was still able to make it out.

Y/N's P.O.V

Varian hugged me back, "Can you convince her to let you stay?" "I tried but she said I can't" Telling this to him broke my heart I didn't know what to do so I just continued to cry on his shoulder. Varian started crying too. When we let go of each other we heard a knock on the door.

Third-person P.O.V

It was Mrs. Weeden, "Y/N let's go we need to start packing." Not that you had much to pack. You and Varian didn't open the door hoping she would think you weren't here and leave. Of course, nothing goes as planned. Mrs. Weeden opened the door and grabbed you by the wrist and took you out of the lab.

"Y/N please don't leave me." Was the last thing you heard before the door was slammed shut.

_____

Varian was sitting on a grass field, still trying to process what happened. He didn't know what life would be like without you. He's known you for practically his whole life how would he do anything without you. He couldn't let you leave and he wouldn't.

You saw Varian sitting in the grass and walked to him. You sat next to him, "How did you get out?" he asked. "The window." You replied. "I'm going next week I don't know what my future will be like." Varian looked at you, "I do."

I close my eyes and I can see the world that's waiting up for me that I call my own Varian got up and held his hand when you took it he continued to sing. Through the dark, through the door Through where no one's been before but it feels like home You started walking in the woods still holding Varian's hand. They can say, they can say it all sounds crazy they can say, they can say I've lost my mind I don't care, I don't care, so call me crazy we can live in a world that we design

'Cause every night I lie in bed the brightest colors fill my head Varian and you were spinning around but he kept singing even if he was dizzy. A million dreams are keeping me awake Later you got really dizzy so you laid on the grass next to each other. I think of what the world could be a vision of the one I see a million dreams is all it's gonna take a million dreams for the world we're gonna make

You went to an old abandoned house and started to go inside. (No it's not Cassandra's old house) There's a house we can build every room inside is filled with things from far away Varian put his arm around your waist and pulled you close. You looked away from his gaze so he wouldn't see you blushing. Special things I compile each one there to make you smile on a rainy day

You looked at Varian and started singing. They can say, they can say it all sounds crazy they can say, they can say we've lost our minds I don't care, I don't care if they call us crazy runaway to a world that we design You and Varian started singing together with your voices in sync. Every night I lie in bed the brightest colors fill my head a million dreams are keeping me awake

I think of what the world could be a vision of the one I see a million dreams is all it's gonna take You walked out of the house and back into the woods. A million dreams for the world we're gonna make You sang. However big, however small let me be part of it all share your dreams with me you may be right, you may be wrong but say that you'll bring me along

Varian held you by your waist and spun you around in the air. To the world you see He put you down and sang with you. To the world, I close my eyes to see I close my eyes to see You ran and hid behind a tree while Varian was trying to find you. 

Every night I lie in bed the brightest colors fill my head When he found you he stood next to you and his hand brushed against yours. You both looked away hoping the other didn't see how red your faces were. A million dreams are keeping me awake a million dreams, a million dreams You started chasing each other again. I think of what the world could be a vision of the one I see a million dreams is all it's gonna take 

A million dreams for the world we're gonna make By the time you stopped you were at Varian's house. You looked at each other and stared into each other's eyes. His hands were on your waist and yours was wrapped around his neck. For the world, we're gonna make Varian kept shifting his gaze from your eyes to your lips. He doesn't know why he did what he did but he just did it.

He gave you an innocent peck on the lips. You stared at him in shock and you both started blushing. You were about to give him a less innocent kiss until you got interrupted by a woman yelling. "Y/N where are you?!" You both let go of each other. "I should get going." Before you left you gave him a peck on the lips and ran to Mrs. Weeden. Varian just stood there touching his lips. Why did I do that  He thought, me and Y/N are just friends that's all we'll ever be....right?