CHAPTER 18:

On my way back home to check on Uriah and Paris and to chill before the party later tonight, I was still anticipating an early call from Mateo but it would no longer be an early call because it was already 1pm.

As I pulled into my driveway I remember aunt K was still in the hospital and she might not be there to hold my baby for the first time. She only had a few weeks from what the doctor said and that's terrifying. Not having her in this world is crazy to me. Yeah I could go years without seeing her but the rest of my life. I don't know if I could do it. Not forgetting Uriah.

I grab my bag and walk in the house seeing Paris sitting upside down on the couch and Uriah nowhere to be seen.

"Par, where's the child you were supposed to care of." I question smiling at her as I put my bag down on the couch next to her crossing my arms.

"The little jerk decided he was bored with me after snatching all my battery life away in less than a couple hours." She whined.

"So... where is he?"

"In the kitchen trying to be the next top chef." She said me to as I quickly turn and make my way to the kitchen. He had destroyed the kitchen. The cereal that he could get a hold of all over the floor, ice from the fridge melted on the floor, the stove that he had put a stool by was covered in either flower of baking soda and lucky it wasn't on. He was sitting on the floor cover in the white powder licking his cheeks and finger which made me realized he had gotten into the sugar.

How in the world could this four year old make this big of a mess without Paris hearing in a short amount of time. "Hi miss Lily." He said scared.

"Hi Uriah, why did you make a mess."

"Miss Pais said I could." He said, shaking his head, confusing me by his gesture and pronunciation of her name.

"Well let's not listen to her again okay,"' I nodded at him as he copied me. I picked him up, swung him on my hip and walked out the kitchen to the living room showing what he looked like to Paris and walking to my bathroom to clean him up. Paris ran in my bathroom and just stared at the poor child.

"Uriah, what did you do." She asked him.

"Cotton candy." He answered, playing with the bubbles that were forming from the soap. I look at her and back at the boy. Between these two, I'm gonna need to pray for this baby.

Then my phone started to ring in my back pocket. As I freaked out and Paris grabs my phone and answers it for me as I put it between my ear and shoulder.

"Lyle listen, I'm trying to wash This little boy off," I said pinching his cheeks as he giggles, "Can i call you back."

I looked at Paris and she looked at me with wide eyes. 'What?' I mouth to her confused.

"Lily where are you." My father asked on the other line scaring me a bit.

"Uriah got into a mess and i have to give him a bath, why." I asked.

"You were suppose to come to the hospital to watch your aunt K." He whispered. Why in the world is my father whispering.

"Damian, who are you on the phone with." I heard her say as I giggle. He doesn't wanna be at the hospital and mom is making him stay.

I understand him totally that's why i didn't go too. I couldn't handle being stuck there just watching the person you love waste away. Luckily aunt K is coming home in a couple days so we can do everything with her. Uriah can see her and I can take care of her.

"It's just Lily." He said.

"Oh tell her she doesn't have to come, we got it... oh and Enzo's on his way as well." Mom said, sounding louder than before.

"Great." He said and all I could do was smile at my crazy parents. Then my phone got another call. I wiped my hands off and looked at Paris who was now sitting on top of the toilet with her phone. She looks at me and i believe she understood my look. She got up rolling her eyes and headed straight to the kitchen.

I hang up on my hopeless father and pick up the next call.

"Hello, this is Lillian." I cheer, handing Uriah another tub toy. He grabbed it from me and dunked it under the water just for it to bounce back up which apparently caught his attention.

"Lily." Mateo said softly on the other line. It scared me and I jumped a little but unfortunately when I jumped Uriah was watching me and he panicked. He started to cry and I had to pick him up and wipe him off with a towel. I wrap in the towel and carry him to my room. "Who's crying."

"Oh my.. Umm." What is Uriah to me? Nephew? Cousin? Son?

"Hello." He said not getting a response from me, "Lily you still there?"

"Oh yeah, he's my little friend." I said awkwardly. That'll work for now.

"Can we talk now." He asked.

"Yeah just let me get him to Paris." I said walking to the kitchen leaving my phone on the bed.

"Ok, i'm almost done." She smiled at me.

"I need you to take him." I said handing him to her as she stared at me like a had a roach on my forehead, "And don't let him get into trouble again."

I ran back to my room and jumped backwards on my bed and got my phone like a teenage girl on the phone with her crush on my back.

"Who's Paris." He asked.

"Someone you'll hopefully meet soon." I smiled to myself.

"Well, I told my mom and she said it was fine for us to date first so we're good on that." He said. I could tell he was hiding something from me but what.

"What else Mateo." I asked.

"What are we going to do about living situations, we need to be living close if we're going to date." He chuckled nervously.

"Well you'll come over here, done." I said finishing that conversation of course.

"No, I still work here, but you can come here." He said. Was he being serious? He wants me to go and live over there until the babies born. I'm the CEO of the freaking company he works for me.

"I'm not going there, I also have an important job here and my baby will not be born in Spain." I reminded him, " And what about my family, I still have Uriah."

"Who's Uriah again, and what's wrong with our baby being born here in Spain." He said. He was actually asking me why I want my child born in America.

"This child in my stomach will be born in New York city, New York." I said, "This is not a discussion Mateo."

I just want the best for this child and having it here is the best.

"Let's make a deal, you come here for three months and stay with me so we can be together and then we'll go back to New York together for the baby to be born." This was a great deal but a couple problems.

"I have a four year old and Nineteen year old living with me right now, the company's main building is here and my aunt has metastatic Cancer and only has a couple weeks left." I was now sitting on the floor trying to hold back tears. This can't work. He's not going to give up and neither am I.

"Lily, you can bring them, you can work in your father's office here in the hotel and..." He stopped realizing what i said last, "I-i don't have a good answer for that babe."

When he called me that it made my stomach flip. I can't believe I fell in love with him. He's almost perfect. He's trying so hard and I have too many problems.

"I have so many problems." I sobbed trying to laugh at myself. I thought it would help but it didn't.

"Don't cry, we'll figure it out," He told me on the other line. I want to believe him but it's too hard when we have so many issues, "Hey listen to me... I Love you." 

~*~*~*~*~*~*
Word count >1452
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Like • comment • Follow