CHAPTER 5:

I was way too awkward in here. It was as if we didn't even know each other. Like we weren't family. We ate in complete silence. Even little Rose and Chandler were cursed with a silent potion tonight.

But you can always leave it up to miss Paris to break the silence...

I guess not.

Paris just sat next to me sipping her sprite and Reagan was on the other side picking at her food. I hate this. If I get up and leave that might just be seen as rude but if I just sit here in this numbed silence isn't that disrespectful to me. Someone was missing though. Of course. Dad.

That's why no one's talking.

"Mom, where's dad." I asked, breaking the twenty minute long silence. Everyone looked away as soon as I asked my question as if they were all hiding something from me.

"To lie or not to lie." Richard whispered next to Lyle as he shoved him, "What?"

"What's happening, where's dad mom."

"Lillian, listen." She said.

"Mother, why are you calling that, what happened?" I said getting irritated now.

"Your father, umm-" She stopped, everyone was still being suspicious and not looking at me...

Are you serious!

"YOU'VE GOTTA BE KIDDING ME." I yelled with all my fury.

"I was gonna tell you before dinner I promised but, I thought you wouldn't come and I really wanted the whole here Lily." Mom pleaded with me.

"Where is he, come on. I know you know." I smiled while drinking down my wine. This is hilarious.

"He's in New York, this is not funny Lily." Mom spoke louder than her normal tone.

"And all of you knew right?" I asked, putting my elbows on the table. Trying not to laugh from anger. Everyone just tried to either look away or down in their hands.

"Lily, stop being crazy so we can enjoy our family dinner." Mom spoke while eating her food. Everyone else started eating while the kids started to play slightly and talk and it was like they had come back to life.

I scooped my chair back, staring straight at Paris who was looking at me in shock and shame. She's no longer my favorite cousin, she's no longer a friend.

"Were done, forever." I told her as I stood up, she teared up and twisted in her chair. She was supposed to be my friend. She was supposed to tell me everything. We do not hold secrets from each other. We were supposed to be the closest in the family and now. Now it's ruined.

"Im sorry, I didn't know you would be this mad about it." She said, wiping her tears away as we had caught the family attention. I left my chair out from the table and made it to the dinning room door.

"Lily came back here." Mom yelled.

"Lily, get over here." I heard Lyle get up from his chair. I turn around and smile at his petty little threat.

"Sitting back down and enjoying your supper Olly." I am not dealing with this crap, not today.

"Lily, come on the kids are watching." Reagan begged.

"Reagan, I have a lot to say about the choices you made over the last eight years and ask the rest of the family how they felt about your oops teen pregnancy." I smiled and waited for the next comment. I can do this all day.

"Lily, please." Kylie whispered looking down.

"Richard, please tell your girlfriend, oops I mean sister to speak up." I yell whispered back leaning against the wall. Almost everyone started looking at Kylie and Robert as she grabbed the napkin off the table and wiped her eyes.