Chapter 18: "I'm sorry."

Enzo was awaken in his bedroom with the feeling of someone else's presence near by. "Show yourself." He commands, the open window just pushes the curtains a little and lets in the chilled wind fill the room. "I said now by the commands of Prince Enzo of the Royal Family."

Clyde appears in the room as if he was a ghost, "You?" he whispers as he looks at Clyde dead in the eyes, "Your the angel that everyone's been looking for? The angel who was at the hotel the night that Heather was.."

"Almost killed?" Clyde snaps at him and Enzo becomes dead silent, "You were suppose to protect her from harms way and you were the one who almost got her killed!" he screams, "That is not how to treat my mate! You might be hers now but for crying out loud you should be glad that your the one who's alive." Clyde tightens his fist and tries to control his anger.

"Thanks to you she could be dead anytime soon because you expect her to be your shining knight with your being the sleeping beauty of her story." He continues to say trying to control his temper. "Where is she?" Enzo was trying also to calm down from Clyde's insults.

"At the school." he snaps and instantly Clyde fades away and disappears in thin air while Enzo jumps out of his window and change into his dark black wolf form and follows the shining glow that lead him towards his mate.

(SIDE NOTE: Clyde is Heather's first mate but died at a young age when he was 12 years old. He was Heather's brother's friend until he died and became Heather's guardian angel.)

"Remember me?" the anonymous figure says with a dark and low voice as he continues to strangle me above the first floor, "Yeah, your the prick who first tried to kill me." I say as I dig my nails in to his arm, he winces in pain and lets go of me and I drop to the floor breaking my left ankle. I hear him walk above me and head towards the stairs, I run as fast as I can down the hall and managed to hide to figure out my next move.

All of the sudden, he was behind me and grabbed me by my hair slamming my face to the wall repeatedly until I fought back and slammed his face against he floor repeatedly causing him to break the mask that he wore.

"Wait a second. Your the guy from the forest?" He gave me a smirk and I dodge his punch instantly and kick him straight in the gut which caused him to groan. I stood back a minute to think how this all makes sense, "You're a werewolf hunter?" I asked and he just stayed silent, I kicked him in the stomach, "I asked you a question!" I shout as he rolls on his back.

As I was about to throw another punch towards his face I was instantly pushed against the wall. Another mask was hiding the person's face, "What is with you people and masks?" I say as I dodge the punch he through and slammed his face against the pavement.

I kneed him in the stomach and broke the other guy's leg for mine. As I was about to hit the other guy in the face, he instantly pushes me to the ground and his weight was on top of me, "Get off!" I groan as I push him off of me causing him to tumble to the ground with his mask slipping off.

"Jeremiah?"

He came at me and landed a fist on my temple, then the other guy came from behind and broke my back with one kick. Then all of the sudden, I felt a cold sharp metal pierce through my skin and between my bones causing me to scream out in pain.

"But why?" I whimpered. "If I can't have you. Then no one else can." he gave me a sly grin as he watch the blood running down from where the blade pierced through my heart. As he got up a dark figure few above me and dragged Jeremiah's head right off. I fell on the floor and saw the hunter get ripped into shreds.

As I was about to daze off, the coldness of someone's touch sent goosebumps through me I looked at the figure who was holding my hand and saw Clyde looking at me with fear in his eyes, "Heather no." he whispers, for a second I thought he was lifting me up but I felt heat that ran through my body. I looked up at no other than my one true soul mate, Enzo.

"Thank you for making me see the good in the world." I gave a small smile to Clyde and then looked at Enzo. "This may be the only time I get to be with you but I'm just glad that I was able to see my mate before time would take me." he cups my face and the warmth in his hand came in contact with my cold and bruised cheek. "Please, don't go my love. I just found you. Don't leave me again." he holds me close towards his heart and I can hear it faintly beating.

"Maybe in a different lifetime we'll be together again." I gave him a reassuring smile and looked into his dark brown eyes that continue to make my heart melt. "I'm sorry that I didn't try hard enough to find you. I will not let them take you my love, I would rather die than to have never seen you in my entire life time." he says to me, "One day Enzo, I'll fall in love with you again and I can't wait to be able to actually have you."

"Please Heather, don't say such things. Everything will be alright." His eyes darken as he said those words, "Maybe that will be another day. I'm sorry." my eyelids felt heavy and I drifted off into oblivion. All my past was gone from my mind and I instantly slip into a bliss.

In Enzo's arms stood Heather's lifeless body, "Get out of here now." he growls to Clyde, "No. Not without Heather." he refuses. Enzo looks at him dead in the eye and Clyde watches as his normal brown eyes transform into full black werewolf eyes, "I said now!"

Within a second of time, a flame in Enzo's eyes sparked and everything in sight of him was burned through and came crashing on top of them. Clyde watches the collapse of the entire school fall within minutes into crumble.

The explosion from the other end of the school awaken many neighborhoods and sent many fire fighters and ambulances to the chaos. What was the last burning flame of the event ended at the first light of morning.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After the calming of the storm, there was a search for any survivors in the fire but as Clyde was looking he came in cross with a mystical pedant that he so happened to see before.

He goes back to his home in a small town with a comfortable bookshop where his friend waited for his arrival upstairs in the backroom area. "Clyde. Did you find what you've been searching for?" his friend asks as he sat on a chair reading a dusted looking book. "Yes and I'm hoping that you'll know what to do with it." He gave his friend a reassuring smile and takes the pendant from him.

"Good choice of craft work sir."