Part 4

I turn and I see a boy, mostly drunk and he kept moving around not knowing how to balance himself, I hate this. He kept being annoying, the boy approached me. My back hit the wall, leaving me stuck. I tried calling for help but he closed my mouth. Bryce saw me, I looked at him. His fists were clenched, before I new it Bryce punched him causing him to fall on the ground.

"Back off." Bryce tells him in a serious tone.

"Fine, I'm not talking to your girlfriend anyways." He says trying to get up.

*Girlfriend? Excuse me?*

Bryce holds my hand and pulls me outside. "Don't go in." He tells me.
"Forget this stupid party anyways." He says kinda pissed off. Bryce gets mad easily I know him.

I walk out to the porch and Bryce follows me, "Sydney." Bryce says slowly.

"Thanks for helping me Bryce" I reply.

"You don't need to thank me, I should keep you safe." He tells me in a low voice.

"Bout what you said before." He tells me.

I look up to the stars. "What? About you leaving?" I tell him.

"I just-

"There is no explanation Bryce, you said you will never leave, I waited and waited but 2 years? Yeah no." I tell him and giggle in a "pff" way, my breath was getting heavier and I feel the anxiousness through my body.

We sit on the stairs, "Party Animal" I tell him running my hand on his tattoo. "Since when?" I tell him.

"Since I left." He looks at me.

"I'm going home." I get up and start walking on the street. I'm a emotional rollercoaster right now, I don't want to cry.

"Why won't you talk to me?" He runs after me.

"I can explain." He continued.

"Syd, I never meant to hurt you, I was heartbroken when I saw that I left you, like this. I left for Sway and day after day I got used to it there, but you were always in my thoughts." He says looking into my eyes.

"So you left me to live at Sway?" I said. I was tired of it, I don't want an explanation but I miss him, I want to hug him and feel like home again.

"I left because-

"Hey where you going?" Lyra comes running to me.

"My head hurts, I wanna go home." I tell her.

She nodded and went to call Kai.

"Listen, I know that it was long, and I didn't even show up once, Sway House started growing and I always wanted to come." Bryce says to me.

"Can we start over, I'm here for you." He tells me then gives me his hand, I saw his eyes, they were trying to talk to me, I could feel how much he wants this.

"I don't know." I tell him.

"Please?" He tells me.

I give him a weak smile, maybe he really is here for me, maybe we should start over. I really have no idea.