Part 1

I'm Sydney, just a normal 18 year old girl with lots and lots of dreams, I have 2 best friends Kai, dark brown hair and blue eyes that you can look at and never get tired of, kinda a party boy but is very smart, and Lyra blue eyes and blonde hair, my happy place, the crazy yet gorgeous girl, also smart but doesn't use her smartness, instead she just loves to live her life to the fullest. They have been with me from the first day of high school, they are amazing and we all are really close. They hepled through a lot especially with dealing with my anxiety.

As you know, Bryce was the closest to me, but ever since he left I tried to get used to it without him especially because he left without even saying goodbye, got famous and forgot all about us. Ever since then he never came back. I missed touching his hair and hugging him tight when I needed a warm place to hide from all the bad things happening around me.

                          ........................

~ It's Friday and it's finally the weekend, I just got home from school my eyes have huge bags under them because I couldn't sleep all night but I managed to stay focused in class, I couldn't wait to eat.

"Hey mom, I'm back!" I run towards her giving her a hug.
"Ready to eat sweetie?" She tells me in her soft voice.
"Hey honey!" My dad walks in.
My parents were always lovely, they always made sure I knew that they were here for me always. We eat and I help mom with the dishes, I couldn't wait to sleep in my bed and rest.

I'm up in my room scrolling through Instagram because they is nothing else to do and I was too lazy to workout.

"Sydney!!" My mom calls me.
"Lyra and Kai are here!" She tells me.
"Let them come here!" I tell mom.

"What up ma girl." I hear a tough voice, Kai walks in running towards me and hugs me and then Lyra right after him.

"How are y'all today?" I ask.

"Alright." Lyra tells me.

"Wear something comfortable and come downstairs, we want to go out a bit in the car, listen to music it's too boring at home." She continues.

"Okay." They walk downstairs and I get dressed into some ripped black jeans and a dark red crop top, I put on some perfume and then looked at the mirror.

*I'm ready* I tell myself.

"Bye mom, love you." I tell her grabbing my phone.

We get in the car and I put on my playlist and we start singing like crazy, nothing feels better than listening to music, letting all your feelings out, without being judged.
Kai and Lyra are the two people I love and trust.
We then sat to watch the sunset on the top of a hill.

"What do you wanna do?" Lyra asks us.

"Whatever you guys want." I reply.

"Let's go home and we'll meet tomorrow, I heard there was a party." Kai tells us, his eyes widening because he always loves to party.

I don't like parties that much, but if it means going with Lyra and Kai instead of staying home while my parents are out then yes.

Kai dropped me off first and I said my goodbyes to them and went inside.

"Hey mom, hey dad!" I run and hug them both.

"Hey sweetie." Dad tells me and then mom interrupts, "Did you have fun honey?"

"Yeah I did mom." I smile. Walking to the stairs up to my room.

I sat on my desk and grabbed the pencil.
I like to write messeges and letters.

"Today, was fun. I love hanging out with my best friends.

The day was okay, I was exhausted, I hate looking at myself in the mirror and see this tired girl, the broken girl.

I was happy, but I felt I was lost and I have been for 2 years, people always knew I changed.

I try to improve and I have, I just wish my best friend was here right now, I have a lot of stuff to tell him, he missed out of a lot of things."

I was done, I added this note to my folder were I put all of them, Instagram was the only thing I wanted to look at now.

Liked by itslyra and 317,907 others.
@brycehall: Watcha lookin at 🤓
View all 2,034 comments

I look and see him, My best friend, My heart races a little. He's very different now.