𝓲𝓯𝓽𝓶 XXXV

Start from the beginning

We all oohed, for once, Hemmington is not a nuisance.

Summer Blast is an annual event taking place in an island. There will be band performances, foods, fireworks, beach, it's basically a fiesta.

"I've been dreaming to come there!"
I said.

Finn squinted his eyes.
"Who says you're coming with us?"

I threw a throw pillow towards his direction, it landed on his face just perfectly.

"Aw, why are you so violent?"

"Nothing, your face is just annoying."

"Can you two stop bickering and look at the venue this year? Hell so cool!"
Luke showed us his phone.

The theme this year is "red string" according to the article. It didn't show more information about it, indicating it's a surprise and we will know when we get there.

Summer Blast has the weirdest themes now that I think about it. I recalled last year, the theme was pirates, I wasn't able to come though.

Well, anyways this might be the break I am waiting for.

-

"Go and leave me like how you always does."

"Shut your dramatic ass, I will be back late so cook whatever you want."

"K, mom."

I watched Chesca clinging on Jeno like a leech, those two are inseparable, it's annoying. Kidding.

However when she left, nostalgia came to me and rushed to my bones. Chesca left and I'm alone with Jed in this house.

Maybe I will lock myself up in my room and just wait there for Chesca to avoid any awkward situations, right?

I was about to enter the room when I heard Jed speaking with someone on the phone.

"Mom what else do you want?— No— I did it already— Stop... I... Mom?"
I heard him sigh deeply, could it be his mom is ordering him around again?

I knocked on his door, he opened it. I made sure he doesn't look upset first but it's hard to read his face because it's void of emotions.

Could it be... He's very upset?

Without thinking twice I hugged him. He's been through so many things, I don't want him to feel that again. He deserves so much more.

"Jed it's okay, everything will be fine."

"Lucia I— uhh.."
He's even stammering? I tightened the hug, poor Jed, why is he going through the same shit?

"Shh."

"I'm actually just fine?"

From a tight hug I pushed him away, at the same time blush crept my face. What the hell did I just do?

He chuckled seeing my reaction, I was just concerned.

Then suddenly he pouted, his frown deepened. What is he doing?

"Uhm actually I was very upset give me a hug again."
He was about to hug me again but I avoided his arms. This is embarrassing what the hell was I thinking?

"Oh dear gosh."
I face palmed.

He laughed. He finds my situation funny. This man, I swear to cheesecakes.

"I'm just kidding, do you want to enter?"
Why is he inviting me to his room, this is suspicious.

"Why?"

"I bought a new guitar. Help me design it."
The thought of it excited me so I accepted his invite. He didn't change my room completely, that's what I realized. Probably because he's just temporarily sleeping here and will transfer to his original bedroom after it's completely renovated.

I saw a guitar lying on the bed, around it are some stickers. He pat the space behind him, I sat then watched him continue tuning the guitar.

I took a good look around, he has 2 guitars here, I think there's another 2 in the music room. I guess he likes collecting guitars.

While he was tuning the guitar, I noticed the dangling bracelet on his wrist. He has a lot of wrist accessories but it caught my eye because instead of a fancy bracelet ornament, it's a pick hanging on it.

He must've saw me looking at it because he did the same.
"Don't you remember this?"

"Huh?"

"You made this."

I made what?

"I don't recall making a bracelet though?"

"The pick, I mean. Remember when we were practicing and you thought the pick was too big for your hands the you cut it in half?"

Now that he mentioned, I finally remembered that dumb mistake. But.. wait, he's wearing it?

"Why are you wearing it?"

"Why not?"
He turned to the small cabinet beside the bed, he opened it and took something.

He showed me another bracelet, it looks the same like his, with the other half of the pick. He pulled my arm gently tying the bracelet to the size of my wrist.

"Tada."

The thing is, I could reject it, push him away, what is wrong with me and why do I find myself enjoying these? Why do I feel like I'm being sucked by a sink hole?

"Thank you, it's pretty."

"You know what's prettier?"
He asked but my body reacted fast and my cheeks were sure painted pink tint.

"My guitar."
My face fell but then I laughed because he's obviously messing with me.

He chuckled too but was cut short when he stared at me with his bright eyes. He just locked gazes with me, it gave goosebumps.

"Lucia, can I hug you?"

It's my turn to mess with him.
"No."

"What did I just ask?"

"Uhh 'can I hug you'?"
After I said that Jed smirked. I realized what he did. This mischievous man, seriously.