𝓲𝓯𝓽𝓶 XIV

"I... Am very suspicious." She trailed off then squinted her eyes.

I decided to stay here for the night and go home tomorrow morning. After I texted the landlady, I received her reply telling me not to go home anymore. I took it lightly as a joke, she's always waiting for me to come home because she can't sleep when her borders aren't complete.

"Hi suspicious."
I kidded, but Chesca still has her mouth pressed in a thin line. Her eyes were analyzing every move I make.

"Don't fuck with me, Lucy, what's with you and Jed?"

I sighed, me, myself don't really know! It's not like we're dating or something. He just know I like him, and if he likes me back, that's a dream.

"Nothing?"
That's all I can say.

I believe our relationship improved from being acquaintances to actual friends? I can joke around him, we're pretty close, he acts different around me, but that's pretty much it.

"You're in another world when you're together."

I don't know if it's because of Jed but whenever we are caught up in a conversation, I cannot think of anything else.

Sometimes, I can't even understand what he's saying because I am busy admiring him and making a thousand-letter-length essay about him in my mind. Talk about whipped culture.

"We're friends, I guess?"

"But seriously, when did this all happened?" She frowned, "Am I not spending much time with you?"

She's probably guilty because he's with Jeno all the time, but that's really fine. I mean, they're a couple, and she doesn't forget me, Jeno's a friend of mine as well so I never feel left out.

"No you're fine! It's just that things are happening pretty fast. I hope things won't go downhill anytime later soon." I crossed my fingers to show her I'm joking.

But she didn't smile. Chesca has a bothered look on her face.
"Actually—"

"Ches, Aunt Mae gave us ripe bananas."

Jed barged in the room with a bunch of bananas on his left hand.

Dear Lord, forgive me for I have sinned because I'm looking at another type of banana right now.

Jed is on his usual oversized tees and gray sweatpants. He should stop dressing like this or I'd totally lose it.

"Luc know how to make banana bread!" Chesca wasn't even pushing me to him, she said it because she wants food.

Jed looked at me, there is still a hint of unfamiliarity in his eyes, but I would like to look at those orbs someday without that.

"Are these ripe enough for the bread?"
He lifted it, not to mention I saw how his biceps flexed.

"Yep, those are big."
What the fuck? I almost slapped myself, what's with the thirst reply?

I hope he didn't understand what the hell I just said so I supplemented a reply saying, "And they look ripe enough, that's perfect."

I tried brushing the topic off and not minding Chesca hiding her smile, badly wanting to laugh her ass off. This bitch.

I stood up and walk past Jed. I'm too embarrassed of my thoughts. What am I, a horny teenager? I shook my head. Maybe a little.

"Is there any difference between a banana cake and banana bread?"
Jed swung his feet, he's sitting at the chair by the counter and boy was he so freaking adorable.

"The cake is made of various flour I guess? While the bread is made out of yeast."

I tied my hair in a bun, my bangs of course, not included. I patted my apron and reached for the ingredients on the pantry.

"I don't get it."
Jed is usually quiet when with the band, but when he's with me, he's really talkative and got a lot of questions to ask. He's basically a child.  Although sometimes, he falls silent suddenly.

"Stand up."
As days pass by, I become really comfortable with him. In the past, I'm very intimidated by him and can't even look at him in the eye, but I found my courage recently, because he's nothing but a soft cinnamon roll, nothing to be nervous about!

He quietly stood up, confused.
"Hold your stomach." He obliged.

"That's the bread."
His brows shot up.

"Now hold your butt."
Although hesitating, he did as I said.

"That's the cake." I wiggled my eyebrows, obviously making fun of him. His face was hilarious.

"Why did I have to do that?"
He sound like he's mistreated and that just makes it more funny.

"You're gullible."

"Hah." He smirked. He's actually playful when in the mood. "I thought you're gonna teach me where the banana is as well— aww!"

I threw the banana on his face, afraid he will see my flustered expression.
"T-that. That's the banana now peel it!"

He laughed at my expressions, oh how the tables turned.

"I can teach you where's the banana!"
And yes he won't stop teasing me. He laughed seeing me overwhelmed. Evil.

"Can you stop?"
I palmed my face with my hand causing some yeast to cover strands of my hair.

"It's.. here." I won't look, I won't look.

"Look, Lucia."

NO JED WE'RE SUPPOSED TO KEEP THIS FAMILY FRIENDLY.

"What are you closing your eyes for."
I peeked between the gap of my fingers and saw.. the bananas, already peeled.

"My banana's delicious."
He proceeded to bite some.