𝓲𝓯𝓽𝓶 XXVI

"Roseanne!"
That was the first thing that came out of Chesca's mouth after we entered the door. The whole band is at their house. Charlie is playing the bass while holding some papers that seem to be music scores. Jeno, of course he's beside Chesca holding a music magazine. Finn is playing Nintendo switch with Luke on the other side of the couch.

Chesca's voice made them turn their heads towards us.

"Lu—"
Finn was cut off when Roseanne suddenly appeared in front of me. Her slender arms holding her hand bag. She gave me a swift glance then tucked a lock of golden hair behind her ear. The guys in the room seems to be taken aback. If Roseanne pretended not noticing or she was really oblivious, I don't know. It's not hard to see she's the type that is sociable and blends well in any group.

She cleared her throat, fake coughing with a fisted hand to cover her mouth. She smiled widely then slightly waved.
"Hi! I'm Roseanne!"

How to have that confidence? The boys were quiet, maybe awkward at first. Chesca was the first one to stand up, she tugged Roseanne's sleeves to make her come closer. I was honestly upset she didn't greet me.

"Guys this is Roseanne a childhood friend. She will be staying with me and Jed for quite some time."

The guys, being the hospitable men they are, they immediately went towards her for a handshake. Roseanne seemed to enjoy the company and the attention of everybody in the room, well except Charlie that is immensely focused on his bass guitar.

I felt a soft pat on my head, Jed's face greeted me.
"You alright?"

The concern in his voice was evident so I tried to show the best smile I can offer, I saw the relief on his pretty face at last.
"Of course, go catch up with your friend, she seems like a person with a lot of stories."

His lips protruded trying to stiffle a smile. He combed my bangs.
"I told you we're not—"

"Jed! Roseanne is thirsty— Lucy, babe hi." Chesca finally noticed me, she was about to go towards me but Roseanne nudged her shoulder.

"Hey C, why don't you show me the room I will be staying at?"
My smile turned to a frown, and I won't even try to hide it.

"Oh alright alright, Jed prepare her some snacks, please."
Roseanne wrapped her slim arms on Chesca, she even smiled at me. A smile I wish I am not too observant to notice that it's fake.

"What a boss..." I heard Jed sighed, "Wait for me here."

He left me, I felt alone or am I just being dramatic? I decided to come with Chesca and Roseanne upstairs. I hope I am just misjudging her, I should be more understanding, it's not like she did me wrong in any way.

"Jed changed so much.."
Roseanne said that with so much emotion. I am eavesdropping for a reason I don't know.

"For me, he's the same as ever. Still stupid haha." Chesca kidded.

"No, like, he doesn't even talk to anyone other than me back then."

What?

Jed told me he doesn't spare her the time and that they were never friends? I know it's far long ago but something twitched in my heart and it doesn't felt good.

"Hmm, we all grow, Ro. I'm happy for who he is right now. For who he is for Lucy as well."

I heard a scoff.
"Lucy? Who?"

"Are you serious? The girl he's with."

I heard Roseanne laughed, sophisticated... annoying.