𝓲𝓯𝓽𝓶 XXVII

"Aren't you guys borrreeeeed?"
Finn, in his usual state, rolled on the couch. Luke that he his resting his head on smacked his legs.

The television flashed news while we were in a silent state. Chesca finished tying my hair braids, she gave it a little pat before returning beside Jeno. Almost immediately, the space Chesca left was replaced by a warm presence, of course I recognized that in a heartbeat. I rested my head on his chest while his arms wrapped my shoulders.

"Eww, you disgraceful love birds get out of my sight."
Finn flailed his hand in a comical motion, Jed only scoffed.

"Respect the virgins here!" With the same energy, Luke made a cross sign with his hands. Everybody laughed. It was cut short when Roseanne butted in.

After faking a cough to take everybody's attention, in which she did, successfully she said,
"What about we play a game?"

Finn jolted in his seat, interested with the idea, Luke too, even Jeno and Chesca. Charlie being him, just listened closely.

I felt Jed's hands combing my hair.

"Let's play hide and seek!"

The room was filled with "ehh?"'s but Roseanne seemed confident with her idea.

"Wait there's a catch! Instead of the usual, we will hide and seek with pairs."

"That's boring these two face-sucking pairs will enjoy and how about us?"
Luke complained.

face-sucking pairs...

I snickered. Jed stopped combing my hair.
"What's funny?"

"Your face."

"What's wrong with it?"

"Honestly, nothing."
With a giggle, I tapped his cheeks. Jed's lips slightly pouted.

"Then we will rumble up, duh?"
Roseanne said like it was the most obvious thing.

She picked up the sticky note pad on the table with a pencil. She started writing down names with Chesca's help. Before folding the last piece, she side-smiled.

"Ready? Only 4 get to pick first."

I was about to stand up but Jed pulled my arm and snuggled me close to him. He caged me in a light hug while his cheeks are resting on my shoulders.

"We're partners."

"Silly, let's obey the rules."
Instead of letting me go, he hugged me tighter.

"Lucyyyyy we're partners!"
Hemmington didn't hesitated one bit to pull me away from Jed's hug. I left Jed hugging the throw pillow instead, the sight made me laugh.

"Looks like we're pairs Jeno."
I looked back to see Luke clinging on Jeno's arms, Chesca is just smiling. She doesn't seem to notice the gloomy aura of Jeno, and his subtle darting gaze towards Charlie. But if it's Charlie and Chesca paired... that means.

"Wow lool at the fate, Derrick we're partners!"
Roseanne's smile can never be bigger, she naturally clung her hands on Jed's arms. I felt Finn's hand pinched my cheek.

"Don't get too jealous, you're getting uglier."
My eyebrows furrowed. I smacked his head with my palms.

"You're uglier, dumbass."
He mumbled 'aww' but recovered immediately. He rested his arm on my shoulder.

"We should hide outside don't you think?"

"That's basically cheating unless we go down their creepy basement."

His eyes widened. Oh no. I gave him an idea.

"That's it!"

"Nah uh Nah uh. We ain't going down there, homeboy."