Chapter 13

Jeonghan ran around in the amusement park with large amounts of oxygen escaping his lungs. After he had made up his mind about confessing to Joshua, Seungcheol had literally kicked him out of the dorm until the other did so. Now, he was running around aimlessly trying to find the younger.

   "Where is he?!" He asked breathing heavily. From afar, however, he soon saw Joshua waiting for someone in a bench. Jeonghan ran to him as fast as he could, almost tripping with the crowd that stood before him.

   "Joshua!" He screamed. The younger turned to his name being called and made a surprised expression. Jeonghan wanted to laugh out loud at that as he ran to the other rapidly.

   "What are you doing here Hanni?" Joshua asked. He was very much surprised to see the other in the amusement park. Did the members decide to come too or was it only him? Joshua wondered as he made his way to Jeonghan.

   "Joshua..I" Jeonghan breathed heavily. Joshua saw how the other was really exhausted and chuckled. He held Jeonghan's arm and led him to the bench he was sitting on earlier.

   "Wait here" He told the latter and headed to a nearby shop where he bought the older a drink. After doing so, he walked back and smiled.

   "Here" Joshua said as he handed a cold water bottle to Jeonghan and sat down next to him. (Gee what a gentleman) Jeonghan thought before he drank half of the bottle in one go. Joshua just stared at him in disbelief. "What?" Jeonghan asked.

   The other laughed loudly. "What are you so tired for? Did you run around the park or something?"

   "In fact, I did" Joshua's laugh faded into a confused smile. 

   "And why is that? I know you're athletic and all that but doing that much exercise is not really something you'd do"

   Jeonghan smiled. "Well, I was running around the park trying to find someone I really care for" At this, Joshua made a small "oh" sound.

   "And...did you find them?"

   "I did" Joshua hummed in acknowledgement. They both fell into silenceas they listened to the sound around them, filled with laughter and whines from kids not wanting to leave the amusement park yet. However, there wa no other choice. It was getting late and the sun was slowly hiding away signaling the end of the day.

Play music here for better imagery

   "You know" Jeonghan spoke. "I always thought you where like a brother to me, a buddy, nothing more than a best friend" Joshua stared at the ground. Could Jeonghan know about his feelings? It was most likely he did. One of the members must've told him for they now knew about his illness.

   "I never really thought of you as something else, someone to spend every second of my life showering with love. But I now know that's not true" Joshua flinched at that. (What could he mean?) "I asked Seokmin if he liked anyone in particular, and he answered with a confession meant for you. That he loved you and that he'd do anything to stop you from suffering." He said as he looked at the sky. "When I first heard that" Jeonghan chuckled. "I couldn't help but feel jealous" Joshua turned to look at him. "The mere thought of seeing you with someone else, of seeing you laughing and smiling to someone other than me, unsettled me"

   He smiled. "At first, I thought it was because I was being selfish because I didn't want to see you hanging out with someone who wasn't me. Your best friend" Jeonghan turned to Joshua. "But then, Seungcheol came into my room and told me otherwise"

   "He told me I was an idiot" Joshua chuckled. "That I was so dense to not notice"

   "To not notice what?" Joshua asked.

   "To not notice I love you" Joshua's heart stopped.

   "What...?"

   "I love you, Joshua"

   Joshua stared at him. He couldn't believe the words Jeonghan was now telling him. But then again, they were coming out of his mouth. He saw a hand wave right in front of his eyes.

   "Hello! Earth to Joshua!"

   "You..love me?" Jeonghan hummed enthusiastically. "But why?"

   "I love you because you care for others in a way that makes my heart skip a bit. I love you because your smile can light my whole sky on rainy days. I love you because you're so humble yet confident about yourself and even if you have everything in the world you don't look down on others. I just love everything about you Joshuji"

   Joshua chuckled. "That's so cheesy!"

   "But it's true!" Jeonghan pouted. His expression suddenly turned serious. "And..do you love me?"

   "I do" He smiled. "Because you care very deeply for others and make sure they're alright. You're very hard-working even when you're sick and always make sure to give your best into everything you do. You're funny and your laugh really makes my day" Joshua warmly smiled. "I really love you Jeonghan"

   "And I thought I was the cheesy one here!" They both laughed. Jeonghan laid his head on Joshua's shoulder and Joshua in return held Jeonghan's hand.

   "I love you, Hanni"

   "And I love you Joshuji"