Chapter 21- yeyeyeyeyeyeyeyeyeyeyeyeyye malaria

Start from the beginning

I look around. It's not super busy.

If anyone from school saw us...

No. I'm just being paranoid.

I take his hand hesitantly and he smiles.

"Thanks, Damien. You don't realize how happy you make me."

"You're welcome. What ice cream do you want tonight?"

"Any ice cream. I haven't really had much ice cream in, like...ten years."

Jesus Christ.

"My favorite is cookies and cream, so I guess that."

I pull him inside the store. "Oh. We need dinner too. Any ideas?"

"Ice cream isn't dinner...?"

"No. Ice cream is a snack. Think of something else."

"Pizza...?!"

"Sure. That sounds fine to me." I smile down at our intertwined hands, remembering when we were last here, to get his glasses.

It seems like a lifetime ago...

"Awesome. Let's try a different kind." He says.

"Pineapple pizza."

"Okay."

We pick up the pizza and then go to the ice cream.

"Look. There's a whole bunch of choices..." I start reading them off, "Chocolate swirl, brownie, cookie dough, strawberry, cookies and cream..."

"Damien."

"Caramel...salted caramel...."

"Shut up and grab one or I will."

"Dude. They have Sour Patch Kids ICE CREAM?! What has the world come to?!"

"I'm going to get one," He opens the freezer and pulls out a random carton, "Here."

I take it. "Vanilla. Oh my God... That's so boring."

"No, it's not. You're boring."

"Can we get, like, strawberry banana, or something weird?"

"I picked one. Shush."

I groan. "But yours sucks."

"You suck. Let's check out." He starts pulling on my hand.

"Why are you in such a rush?" I laugh, not moving at all despite his pulling.

"Jeez, Josiah, why are you in such an rush to eat ice cream and pizza and have hugs?" He mocks in a deep voice.

I laugh, "Okay. Fine." I relent and we check out, stopping at the Redbox before we go.

"What kind of movie do you want?"

"Do you want me to pick out a random one again? Come on..." He whines.

"Let me PICK. You got the boring ice cream."

I look around a bit, and the longer I take, the more frustrated he gets, which makes me go slower...

Haha.

I finally settle on a Rom-Com that actually looked really cute. I'll admit I like the occasional Hallmark movie. What can I say? They're cute.

"Okay, we can go now." I tell him.

"You take too long to pick things. You're going to need to work on that."