09 | The Truth.

It was weird how Gilda and Don looked at the forest with a worried expression. Serephina understood why they were looking at the forest, simply because Emma, Norman, and Ray had went their two do whatever they wanted to do.

But she doesn't understand why they'd look worried though.

She slowly made her way towards them from behind. She made sure to walk as quiet as possible, fortunately, the kids were loud when they'd play tag.

"What's with that look?" Serephina both pulled their arms, causing them to almost fall over. They both looked at Serephina with their eyes wide and a terrified look on their faces. "You both aren't with the other three. What do you think they're talking about?"

Oh no.. Gilda stared at the brunette, trying to think of a way out of this. Serephina can catch up fast, we can't make a mistake or else she'll get a clue on what really is going on. The girl gulped. Ray would definitely be furious.

"W-We don't know what they're talking about," Don stuttered, causing Serephina to give him a glare.

"Like I'd believe that."

"We're not lying though. We really don't know what they're talking about," Gilda jumped in. "They switch topics a lot. I'm not sure if the three of them are even on the same page as us."

Serephina raised a brow, looking at the younger girl who was still in her grasp.

Then, Serephina smiled.

"Fine then." She let go of both of them as she forced out a grin, causing the two of them to look at her in confusion. "There's another way to find out."

She then looked at the forest where Gilda and Don were staring at. "Now that I know which direction they went to, I can just..."

Before she could finish her sentence, she then made a run for it. Don and Gilda gasped upon realizing what she was about to do.

Without another second, they both dashed towards the brunette who ran ahead of them.

In no time, she could make it to where Ray, Emma, and Norman were at. Her physical abilities were beyond what Don and Gilda had, but they had no choice but to try and stop the girl.

"Damn it! We can't let her hear their conversation!" Don exclaimed as he jumped on a stone. Gilda gave a quick nod as she focused on the girl infront of them, who was running with no difficulty at all.

"I—" Gilda started, but then stopped upon realizing that Serephina had stopped running.

Don quickly went towards Gilda as they both slowly made their way towards Serephina, who was busy listening to whatever lies ahead of her.

"Got you!" Don exclaimed as she pulled Serephina back. His loud voice caught the attention of the three people that they were looking for.

"Serephina?!" Emma gasped as she covered her mouth. She quickly looked at Ray in worry. Ray looked at Don and Gilda with a glare.

"How did she find us here?" he asked. Don sighed as he pulled Serephina towards Gilda.

"She caught is off-guard, okay?" Don replied with a disappointed look. "Serephina's quick, you know?"

"So." They all looked at Serephina, who had a crooked smile on her face as she closed her eyes. "What do you mean by Ray sacrificing someone?"

Norman and Ray quickly looked at Emma, after all, she was the one who asked about that. Emma pouted. "Don't act like I'm the only suspect!"

Norman pinched the bridge of his nose before he sighed. "Don, Gilda, can you please leave us for some time?" he asked. "We're finally going to reveal it."