07 | Eavesdrop.

Serephina had finished eating her meal. After she washed her dishes, she made her way up to the second floor to prepare her pajamas along with the kids'.

Upon reaching the entrance to their bedroom, she froze as she listened to the small, muffled voices from inside the room. Serephina's brows furrowed in confusion. No doubt it was Norman.

She leaned on the door, trying to listen to what Norman was talking about and who he was talking to.

"..You're the.. Ray..?" Serephina could only make out a few parts, but she was sure that he had called out Ray. A few moments later, the brunette heard laughter. And for sure, it was from her best friend. But Ray wouldn't laugh like that, even if she would tell him jokes.

The two boys continued talking, this time, Serephina couldn't hear whatever they were talking about. Curse the thick wooden doors.

She crouched infront of the door, not bothering to go away. She wanted to know what they were talking about, she just needed to listen a bit closer.

"All of this.. your escape..!"

What the..?!

Serephina's lips parted upon hearing Ray's loud voice. What did he mean by that? Escape? What was there to escape from? Is this some type of joke? Were they fooling around this whole time?

Serephina had no clue on what they were talking about. She had no clue on what escape Ray was shouting about. But Norman definitely knows something, along with Emma..

"I hope you're not lying." Then the door opened. Serephina, who was leaning on the door, then fell forward, her face close to landing on the floor, luckily, her arms managed to stop it.

"Serephina?!" Ray and Norman yelled, a look of shock and fear mixed in their faces. They both looked at each other, then back at the girl.

Ray crouched as he held the sides of her arms tightly. "How much did you hear?!" He shook the girl.

And for the first time, Serephina had seen a different look on Ray.

"Uhm.. I heard about some escape...?" The girl gave the two boys a nervous grin, as if she was scared of what they were both gonna do to her if she'd lie. Ray looked at her with his eyes piercing her blue orbs.

"Don't look at me like that, Ray." Serephina covered her faced with her hands, trying to avoid the look on the raven head's face. "Scary..."

"This is what happens if you eavesdrop!" Ray removed her hands from her face. "You're gonna know things you shouldn't know!" Shouldn't know? "Plus, we were talking about tag. We wanted the game to be more challenging, so we added some techniques to it."

"Suspicious," Serephina said glaringly, looking at Ray with a skeptical gaze.

"No, it's not."

"Anyways." Norman then stepped in, stopping the both of them from talking about it any further. "Emma said we should read in the library later." He gave Ray a quick glance. Ray instantly got the message.

"That's right. Emma called us so that we could study together. How could I forget about that..." The raven head mumbled, biting his nails as he looked down, making sure that the brunette wouldn't get the idea of the act they were playing.

"You're both weird," Serephina commented, looking at them with a pout. "Emma doesn't even like going to the library."

"I do!" They turned to the ginger-haired girl who was now standing outside the room, looking at them with her brows furrowed. "I study!"

"When you need to," Norman added.

"When I need to."

"So Emma, are we going to the library like how you planned us to go just this morning." As soon as Serephina turned to look at Emma, the albino who was beside her gave Emma a look.

Emma raised a brow. "Uhm.."

Ray gave her a glare. "Emma, you forgot too, didn't you?" He tried to make sure he didn't stutter.

Emma sweat dropped. "Oh, yeah... I did forget..." She scratched the back of her head before turning around. "Well, I'll get going first."

Ray is scary... she thought to herself as she made her way downstairs, not bothering to check whether or not they were following her.

Norman quickly went to catch up with Emma while Ray stayed behind with Serephina, who had been quiet for a while.

"Shouldn't we go?" Ray asked, looking at the girl with a brow raised.

"Nah, I still have to take care of the infants." She smiled. "Mama said she had to take care of some things, I'm not sure what it is though."

That's right... Ray thought, I still need to meet up with Mama.

"I'll be going now, Ray." Serephina gave him a wave. "Babies are in need. I'll see you later." With one last glance, she started walking away, leaving Ray standing in the middle of the hallway.

He then started checking around to see if anyone was trying to follow him.

Coast is clear. He started walking towards the storage room, which was proclaimed to be Mama and Ray's meetup spot for the daily reports the boy would be doing.

He entered the dining hall and made his way to the storage room at the side. And gently, he closed the door.

"Oh, Serephina!" Emma smiled as she went into the infants' room. She then looked at the familiar girl who was also in the room with them. "Hello to you too, Gilda!"

"Hush, Emma," Serephina warned. "You're gonna wake the babies up."

"Oops." Emma covered her mouth with her hands as she looked at Serephina and Gilda with an apologetic look. "Sorry."

"No worries." Gilda smiled as she continued to tend to the baby.

Emma was there for one purpose: to find where the tracking device was located. They had already established that it was in the body, the question was where it could be. And the latest person to arrive in Gracefield was Carol, to check on her would be a good idea.

As Serephina and Gilda did their own work, Emma went to Carol and started scanning her body for any marks or bruises.

A place we wouldn't bother to check.

Her hand immediately landed on Carol's left ear. And as Emma predicted, a bug bite was there, no, the tracker.

Fact Seven
Serephina's birthday is on December 24. She'd celebrate her birthday with Christmas.

 She'd celebrate her birthday with Christmas