00 | 18194.

Serephina woke up with bright light blinding her vision. She squinted her eyes, trying to get use to the sun's light. Her blue eyes gazed to the right, checking the girl who slept beside her.

Emma isn't awake yet. Serephina's lips pursed. Odd, she's usually the first one awake.

Then she looked over at a certain bed. And just as she expected, the blankets where neatly folded and placed on the white pillow.

Of course, Ray is already up. Then she looked at the bed beside it. Norman too.

Serephina took the covers off her and wore her slippers. Quietly, she made her way out of bed and arranged the sheets. After, she went out of the room, still wearing her comfortable, white pajamas.

She closed the door quietly and made her way down the stairs, where the dining hall, the kitchen, and the storage room were located.

"Ray?" she called out upon reaching the lower floor. A few moments later, she heard a low hum and the door creaking open.

"Already awake?" Serephina smiled as she turned around. Instantly, she spotted the raven-haired boy with his usual blank expression on his face. "You woke up early today," he muttered, placing his hand on top of her head, a habit he had gained throughout the years of being with her.

Serephina giggled. "Perhaps it's cause Conny is getting adopted today."

Her voice was filled with happiness. Ray looked at her blankly, no emotions in his eyes whatsoever, even upon the mention of Conny's adoption.

"Hey, today's a special day." Serephina frowned upon realizing Ray had no reaction. Her hands then made its way to his cheeks. Her fingers pulling the sides of his face to make it look like he had a wide grin.

"Smile," she cooed.

Ray scowled as he removed her fingers from his cheeks, which had already reddened. "Stop it, Phi." Phi, it was a nickname he had given her back then. "You should go back to sleep. Norman and I are still preparing for breakfast along with Mama."

Then, Ray's hand made its way from the top of her head to the side of her face.

"And, try to not overdo the smiling today."

Of course. If Serephina understood Ray, then he also understood her.

He knew her like how she knew herself. Ray well-knew that she doesn't always smile out of happiness. At times, it was to cover up the fact that she was sad or angered.

"Yeah, yeah." Serephina waved her hand. Ray instantly took a step back as she made her way back up the stairs. "But I'm not going back to bed. I'm going to change."

"Whatever. Come down when your ready. Norman and I are just in the kitchen with Mama."

Serephina grinned. "Sure, Ray."

-----

-----

Thank you for taking the time to read Roses Were Red. I've actually published this book a few months ago, but I deleted it due to some problems.

I'm back with Roses Were Red. There have been some changes with the plot, writing style, and characters. So please, bare with me.

That is all. Lots of love, Chyuu.