11 | Useless ( Part One ).

"Don and Gilda isn't..?" Emma's eyes darted towards every direction, trying to look for the two, but to no avail. Norman hurriedly checked the storage room, in hopes for them to be there. "They're not here either..." he mumbled before looking at Emma with a worried expression on his face.

Before anyone could ask another question, Serephina saw Ray's eyes turning into sharp glares as he looked behind her with mad expression written all over his face.

She turned around and saw Don and Gilda walking towards them quietly. She held a smile back as she exclaimed, "Don! Gilda!"

Emma gave them a close-eyed smile. "Thank goodness! We just assumed you two were-"

"Where have you been?"Serephina looked at Ray worriedly. Of course, she understood why he was acting like that. He was worried, worried that they would get caught by Mama.

Serephina glanced at the kids behind Ray, looking at the scene, confused. Instantly, she took Ray's hand and pulled him away, trying to make sure he wouldn't look at Don and Gilda anymore.

"Kids are watching, let's talk about this later." Serephina then gave the kids a smile before giving Emma a blank look. "I'm calming this cyclops cause he's probably fuming right now."

Emma raised her hand. "I understand!"

Around ten in the evening, when the kids are fast asleep, they decided to meet up in the dining hall. Emma, Norman, Don, and Gilda were already gathered as Serephina entered with Ray after tending to the infants.

"So.."

"We were in Mama's secret room." Serephina's eyes widened as she stayed quiet, letting Don continue. "It was in a hidden basement."

"How did you get in?!" Emma raised her voice as she looked at them in shock. If it came to Mama, getting in wouldn't be so easy, especially since she had eyes everywhere.

"Don pickpocketed Mama's key.." Gilda mumbled, causing Serephina and Emma's jaws to drop. Serephina looked amused while Emma, on the other hand, looked scared and worried. "He pickpocketed Mama?!"

"Well, has she noticed?" Norman then asked, stepping forward into the light as he looked at the two.

"I don't think so.." Gilda replied, avoiding eye contact with anyone. "We also returned the key to her.. probably.. so.."

Serephina flinched as she looked at Ray. He didn't do any strange movements or whatever. It's just the energy radiating from him.

It's dark...

"This is exactly why we shouldn't have...!" Ray crossed his arms as he yelled at the two. "Just try using your brain a little. What if the room was rigged with some sort of security camera, listening device, or alarm system?"

"Mama and Sister Krone would find us out and then you guys.. no, all of us would be-"

"All of us would be.. what?" Don scowled. "Spit it out, Ray."

..What?! Serephina looked at Don, flabbergasted by the fact that he was acting like this. Wait, does this mean he...

"Killed?"

"Wha-"

"You liars." Don cut Emma off. "You don't know what happened to Conny? We need to go save our siblings?" He glares at Emma. "What a whole load of bullcrap."