“I am not coming to your stupid pack” I growled because he repeated my own words.

“I don’t know the way to your pack or your house. So come to pick me up at 4 in the afternoon tomorrow” I didn’t give him a chance to protest as I cut the call at that precise moment.

“Son of a bitch” I spat and my eyes widened when I realized what I said. Oh dear God! I cannot insult Quillon’s mother like that. She is such a sweet woman. I should call myself a bitch, but definitely not Grace.

Quillon is an asshole! That is an appropriate curse.

“Bitch” Lorcan repeated and I squeaked. Oh no! Sel is going to kill me if she comes to know I taught him that word. Ever since Lorcan started talking, Sel and Duncan both have decided not to use swear words in front of him because he repeats them like a recording device.

Quickly, I crouched in front of Lorcan and said, “No…. No. There is no such word. It is beach”

“Bitch” he said and I shook my head with a groan.

“It’s Beach… say bee-ch” I spelled it for him. “Baby please” I really begged.

“Beech” he repeated and I smiled. Thank-god!

“That’s right. It’s beach. Say it again”

“Beech”

“Good boy” I sighed. Beech is better than bitch. I just hoped he remembered it.

My cellphone beeped and I checked Quillon’s msg.

OK

That was all. I sighed and shook my head. I didn’t expect anything more from him either.

That night, I was having my dinner with my family. “Is he coming to pick you up tomorrow?” Duncan queried and I nodded. “At what time?”

“I told him to be here at four” I mumbled.

“He agreed?” Sel asked and I nodded. He better come or else I will not go to his pack. “Have you talked to him about where you are going to stay?” Sel probed uneasily.

“His house” I said awkwardly. Duncan stopped eating and then looked at me. “Separate rooms” I added but already a blush was creeping on my face.

Sel smiled softly but it only added more color to my cheeks. Quillon didn’t exactly say separate rooms but he only asked me to stay with him in his house, not in his room.

“That’s not a problem” Sel imparted. “I thought you would be staying with his family.”

“He has a separate house. The way he spoke, it sounded like he has his own house” I mumbled. I hope he has a separate house. It would be a little less awkward then staying in the same house with his parents.

“He has a separate house” Duncan confirmed and I looked at him with wide eye. “I had a background check done on him” Duncan announced with a shrug.

“You… you had a background check? Why didn’t you tell me?” I asked in shock.

“I wanted to know what kind of a person he is. There is no way I would just agree to send you to stay there, with him, in his pack” Duncan justified himself and I rolled my eyes. “Besides, he had done a background check on you… that too twice” he said and I blinked.

“Twice?” Why twice?

“Yes. From your classmates” he said and I pursed my lips to form a thin line.