CH. 53 Whatever she thinks is best

(Dalton Pov)

Of course, I was someone who always listened to whatever my wife had to say and vice versa.

I learned to trust Melanie for a very long time; her mindset and her ideas were something that I always took into consideration.

As husband and wife, we learned to trust each other, believe in each other, and maintain the mindset that we are a team.

For example, Melanie and I never argued. We will have discussions about things where we talk it out, hear each other inputs and views. Discuss how we felt about the matter and ask questions. No, we never argue. The thing about relationships that goes over others' hands is that it's never you versing your partner or your partner versing you. It's you and your partner against the problem together.

There's always going to be problems that occur in any relationship but never let those problems ever make you turn against each other, because if they do, then they win.

Problems are meant to be solved, not meant to destroy the equation.

That's what Melanie and I believe; that's what we followed, especially when it comes to our relationship.

I was in Penelope's room; I had left Melanie and my bedroom after we discussed the chip when Melanie had told me about the chip and what she remembered. I felt a chill run down my back.

Which led me to come into my daughter's room, and just to watch her sleep just makes me feel a little better.

Knowing that my daughter is safe, my wife is safe, and our baby that she is carrying is safe made me feel better and, of course, put me at ease as well.

I smiled as I watch Penelope get cozier next to her stuff Remy from the movie Ratoutle, stuffed animal.

I smiled at Penelope, gosh. I can't believe we made this beautiful precious girl.

I heard Penelope bedroom door open, I looked up towards the door, to find Melanie coming in.

She walked up to where I was standing and was staring at our daughter as well.

"I can't believe we are about to have another beautiful baby." She said.

I smiled as I pulled her into my arms.

"With the way we were at it, of course, I knew we were going to have one," I said, gently biting her neck, causing her to let out a little squeal.

She hit me gently and pulled away.

"Stop, I don't want to wake her up." She said.

"Okay," I said, pulling my wife away from the room and closing our daughter's bedroom door shut.

I was leading her to our bedroom.

I pulled her into the bedroom and kissed her.

I felt her wrapped her arms around me, as I raised her and brought her to the bed.

As I lowered her body on the bed, I stared at my wife and smiled down at her.

"You're so beautiful; you know that?" I said, lowering my lips on his and kissing him.

"It is an honor to be your husband," I said, giving her another kiss.

"I love you very much," I said, lowering my kisses to her neck.

"I love you too." She said to me.

I sat up and took her clothes off.

I pulled my clothes off as well. There was a need for clothes when it came between her and me.