~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

            I woke up with a massive headache; the sun making it even worse. I groaned and rubbed my eyes. I rested my arms again when a sudden thought hit me. I couldn’t feel the bed with my arms.

            I raised my arms above my face and my eyes widened. Thick white bandages were wrapped around my arms, all the areas where my cuts were. I hurriedly sat up, and realized it was difficult to do so. I slowly lifted my shirt to see bandages covering it too. What? Who would’ve done this? A horrible thought suddenly crossed my mind and I winced. Whoever must have wrapped these bandages would’ve seen all my scars.

            But who? As I tried to recollect yesterday’s events, my head started throbbing and I pressed my hands against my temples. No more thinking for now.

            As I went downstairs after brushing, showering, and changing the bandages, my nose met a delicious scent of someone cooking. A small smile crept on my mouth and I called out, “Simon? That smells delicious! But I thought you couldn’t cook? Have you been learning?”

            The smile immediately vanished from my face as the person, definitely not Simon, turned around and smiled. “Not quite the correct person, guess again!”

            “Josh?! What are you doing here? How did you ge—“

            “Not so fast sweetheart! Sit down and I’ll explain,” Josh interrupted.

            I gagged at the “sweetheart” but sat down anyways. Josh turned around and flipped a pancake from the pan. “You guys still haven’t changed the password to your gate and front door yet from when we were…together. That’s how I got in,” Josh chuckled, “But I saw your dad on the way in so he know I’m here.” Josh handed me a glass of orange juice. “Here.”

            I picked it up and took a sip. Simon adores Josh. He thinks we are a perfect couple, so imagine his reaction when I told him I broke up with Josh.

“Simon also told me to take care of you today,” Josh added.

            I choked on my drink and started coughing madly. Josh worriedly looked at me as he ran over and began thumping my back. “My goodness, be careful Chelsea!”

            When my mad hacking calmed down, Josh quickly pulled me into a hug. “Are you alright?”

My eyes became large and I instantaneously shoved him away. Josh looked at me with a hurt expression before he started wiping the counter down from my orange juice explosion. I wiped my chin and Josh looked at me. “I’m sorry Chelsea, I really am. For you to not even want my touch…”

            I looked away. “Never mind that, exactly what did my dad say? And why are you here? I don’t need you to take care of me. I’m perfectly fine alone.”

            “That’s not what your arms are telling me Chelsea,” Josh said as he placed food in front of me.

            I quickly pulled down the shirt sleeves and started digging into my plate to avoid Josh’s stare. “Ah, sorry. I think I went too far. But your dad did say to make sure your fine for today. I came in the first place to check up on you.”

Josh sat across from me on the counter and watched me. But like always, I didn’t feel like eating after the 6th bite. I pushed the plate away. “You’ve got to eat more Chelsea.”

            I shook my head and hopped off the stool before throwing the food away and putting my plate in the sink.

            As I headed out the kitchen, I turned around and tried to avoid his sad gaze. “Did you put these on,” I asked, bringing my arms up.

            Josh looked confused and shook his head no. I slowly nodded and walked out of the kitchen. My eyebrows furrowed. If Josh didn’t put the bandages on, who did?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

            “Aw come on Chelsea! You don’t need to sit that far! I’m not going to bite!”

            I glared at Josh and scooted even further into the arm rest. I turned my head back to the movie and tried to watch. I could see Josh pouting from the corner of my eye. But as I stared at the movie, I realized it was a horror one. My lips turned into a wry smile. Just like the one I watched with Harry, I thought.

            My heart clenched painfully and soon I was taken into the world of flashbacks. Shaking my head, I turned to look at Josh at the other end of the couch. “Let’s play a game.”

            Josh whipped his head and looked at me excitedly. Maybe it’s because I spoke to him first without a glare. “What game?”

            I got up and walked into the game closet where we kept hundreds of games. Looking around, I saw Monopoly and picked it up. Walking back out, I put the game down on the table Josh organized for us and began setting the game up.

            “THAT’S CHEATING!” Josh screamed at me as he rolled a four and landed on the luxury bill.

            I looked at him. “What did I do?” I asked.

            Josh looked at the board and back to me. “I..I don’t know but you did! Somehow! So I’m not paying!”

            I chuckled. I forgot how childish Josh became when playing board or video games. I shook my head and looked at him to only find him staring back at me in amazement. “What?” I asked self-consciously.  

            He only smiled and said, “You look so beautiful when you smile. I can’t believe I ever let it disappear.”

            My ears turned red and I looked away awkwardly. Searching for another, not so dangerous game like Monopoly, to play, I saw one and picked it up. “Let’s play Twister.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Left hand on… red,” I announced.

Josh groaned and put his hand on the red dot with a lot of difficulty. “Ugh, my leg’s about to twist!” Josh called out.

I held in my smile because I didn’t want a repeat of earlier. I carefully handed Josh the spinner and he flicked the arrow. It landed on…. Green, right hand.

I winced and slowly started moving my hand. I know I would fall if I didn’t be careful, so I fully focused on my hand. Not even checking or concerning who I might come face to face with. My hand finally went on the dot and I looked up only to see Josh’s face a couple of inches away from me.

My eyes widened and I froze. His eyes slowly trailed down my face to my lips and back to my eyes again. Josh bit his lip slowly and started leaning in. This isn’t a good situation at all.    

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!! I’m back! Haha, sorry for the loooooong wait, but I got my own computer so I should be able to update more frequently!! Thanks for waiting!

So please accept this as my Christmas present to you, my lovely readers!!

-Meg