nine

tyler and josh were having so much fun cruising around the neighborhood. even though it was 7:30 am, they're hyped on too much caffeine to care. they were blasting music with the windows down, singing way too loudly, and just having the best possible time before they had to go to school.

they sped down the parking lot, honking once they past brendon and frank who just gave them unamused looks, earning more looks from everyone who was standing outside. they parked, laughing loudly from their adrenaline rush as they got out of the car.

everyone knew the two were together. everyone just had a feeling they would still be together once they graduate, they were just that... obvious that they were so in love with each other.

they walked together into the building hand-in-hand. going to their lockers which were right near each other to dump their things off until the first bell.

"have we ever mentioned how incredibly gay you guys are?" brendon asked as he and frank walked up to the couple,

"yes, many times. you guys are too though." tyler pointed out, making josh laugh.

"yeah, you guys cannot talk."

"and you have a crush on a teacher bren,"

"alright, alright, shut up."

everyone laughed except for brendon who turned bright red.

"ooh! look, there he is now!" frank exclaimed as mr. ross came walking down the hall.

"frank don't-"

frank suddenly pushed brendon forward, knocking into the teacher and causing all of his things to fly everywhere.

brendon looked absolutely mortified.

the group watched the interaction with giant smiles on their face as brendon helped him pick his things, both of their faces red. 

once they got everything, they exchanged a couple of words and both scurried off, brendon glaring at frank.

"you're dead iero!" brendon sneered and josh had to block him from hitting frank.

"alright, gays, let's all calm down. brendon, we don't hit people. frank... good job." josh smirked.

tyler laughed at them right as the bell rang throughout the halls, making everyone collectively groan.

"see you in second-period babe." josh said, pressing a kiss to tyler's lip before heading down the hallway.

"brendon, no!"

---

"babe,"

"...babeee."

tyler mumbled a few incoherent words and sat up, looking around the empty classroom sleepily.

"you fell asleep on me." josh pouted. "am i really that boring?" he joked.

"yes, very."

"ok, well now you're walking home."

"i'm kidding... m'just tired."

josh helped tyler pack up his things, carrying some of it for the sleepy boy.

"did you get any sleep last night?" josh asked him as tyler unlocked his locker.

"kinda?" he said sheepishly. "i need more coffee."

"wanna skip and head to my house? nobody's home on wednesday's."

"i would but i don't want my mom to get any more calls about me skipping. she already has enough on her plate with the divorce going on."

tyler leaned against the lockers and sighed.

"well, what about you? are you ok?"

"i'm fine."

"i don't believe you."

"what? why wouldn't i be? i have you, brendon and frank, my mom. my dad was a prick anyways, im not gonna miss him."

josh smiled at his boyfriend and pulled him into a hug.

"have i ever told you how much i love you?" josh asked with a grin.

"many times." tyler mumbled into his chest.

"because it's very true and i want you to know it is."

"i do... but i love you more."

josh rolled his eyes. "you always start this and you always end up losing."

"i know."

they pulled away from each other, smiling widely.

they leaned in, but was interupted by frank running right through them, shielding himself with their bodies.

"help, he's gonna kill me!" frank yelled.

"what, who-"

"frank!"

oh no.

"hey! hey! brendon! no, leave him alone!" tyler yelled, trying to stop his friend who was charging down the hall.

"he did it again! i'm gonna murder him!"

"what did he do?"

"he made me knock into mr. ross again!"

josh chuckled. "holy shit, again? good job frank."

"i'll hurt you too, dun." brendon threatened but josh just rolled his eyes.

"i'm pretty sure you can't even beat up an ant."

brendon grumbled something under his breath and huffed.

"it's your fault for telling us about your crush! you should've known this was coming!" frank pointed out while brendon stuck his tongue out at him like a child.

"you guys are so annoying, deal with your own problems, don't drag us into it."

"but you're our friends, we're supposed to do this." brendon said.

"yeah! and josh is strong, he can punch brendon."

"i'll punch him if you pay me."

"hey!"