𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄

Start from the beginning

"What the hell is wrong with this dude? My whole family and I went to both of Mr. and Mrs. Jackson's funeral and he showed no emotion whatsoever. I thought he was acting brave... but I guess I was wrong," he spoke.

The elevator dinged again and the doors opened. There were two elderly ladies waiting and stared at us. We awkwardly walked out and starting walking down the corridor.

"What the fuck were they looking at?" I question, looking back behind us to see if they were still looking.

"Well, I mean I am walking around with a bloody towel around my leg, or maybe because you have hickies all over your neck with just a robe on," he jokingly suggested. I looked at him with a straight serious face. Not the time to joke.

"I don't think we should go through the front doors, maybe the side ones where there aren't any people," I think, "or maybe through the back like the one of the kitchens or something."

"Follow me, I know all the exits like the back of my head in this place," he limps down to another corridor, and through some double doors.

This hall wasn't fancy like the others, this one had plain white walls and utility boxes hanging out the walls. There were busboys and maids pushing carts through other doors, in and out. They didn't even pay attention to us. Too busy working I guess.

"How?" I ask.

"My parents drag me to banquets here at least a couple times a month here, and I learn a new way to sneak out every time. And I even found new places to take the ladies, if ya know what I mean," he smirks, making me scoff. He opened one last door at the end of the hall. Sunlight shines onto my skin, we were finally outside.

We stepped out into an alleyway that connected to a street. This one wasn't as busy as the one in front but it had a few taxis and people walking around.

"Taxi!" Nathan whistled. The taxi stopped in front of us and Nathan opened the door for me. Once I got in he did too.

"14 Palace Way, then take the lady wherever she wants to go," he told the taxi driver, who nods and starts driving. There was silence for a couple minutes.

"So what are you gonna do?" He asks.

"I'm going back home for a few weeks, hopefully Michael won't come after me. Then I'll come back and try to move out to different apartment, maybe even to a different borough. I'm not exactly sure," I answer.

"I don't think he might come after you, since I'm guessing you guys just had a one night stand?" He assumes, "or maybe he will because you just found out his secret."

"I'm not his one night stand, I'm seeing him... or was... we weren't exactly official. Can I ask you something about his ex? How do you know about her?" I question.

"Lisa? Yeah I met her a hand full of times, she's super hot. Everyone loved her, she was nice and always greeted you with open arms. But I guess we all noticed when their marriage was spiraling downwards when she wouldn't stop drinking. And then they got divorced from she left. I guess we now know why she left," he said.

"Oh... okay, anyways, what are you going to do?" I ask.

"First, I'm gonna get my doctor to patch this hole in my leg right now. Then, I might just stay around my dad more until everything's cool, or take a two week vacation to the Bahamas," he answers. Ugh, rich people.

The car comes to a stop and I look out the window. There's Nathan's house, a big fancy brownstone in the Upper East Side. Nathan shoves his hands down his pocket and pulls out a couple crumpled hundred dollar bills and hand them to the driver.