Chapter 18: The Attempt

AHSOKA TANO

Ahsoka and Lux stood on a balcony overlooking the city of Iziz.

The scene was peaceful and serene, and it made Ahsoka calm down quite a bit.

"Look at how happy they are," Lux said somewhat softly, while looking down at the city.

Ahsoka smiled. She looked down and saw the citizens in the streets. more joyous than ever, celebrating the end of the Separatist occupation. The people had been celebrating for the past few days, ever since King Rash was deposed.

"You did this, you know," said Lux.

"No, Lux, We did this. You give me too much credit sometimes," Ahsoka smirked, also in a soft tone of voice.

She put her hand on his shoulder, and he put his hand on hers.

They turned to face each other.

Kiss him, Ahsoka thought to herself, Now's the chance.

But then, Ahsoka remembered something.

What am I doing!?!? It's that kriffing dream! Lux is going to die! Save him! SAVE HIM!!!

The moment was shattered by the sound of a sniper blaster going off.

"LUX!!!" Ahsoka screamed. She tried to shove him down onto the floor, but the blaster bolt still hit him. He collapsed.

"No, Lux, please, please, no! Lux! LUX!!!"

She felt his chest to make sure he was still breathing. She realized that he only got a shoulder wound.

Lux quickly came too, straining, "I'm okay, I'm okay!"

"Good," said Ahsoka.

Then, she looked around to find the assailant. She saw a blue figure on a rooftop with a fancy hat look at her quickly, and then ran away. And there was only one blue-skinned maniac she knew who would wear a hat like that.

Cad Bane.

"I'm going to go after the assailant. Tell Saw what happened. Can you walk?"

"Yeah," Lux said as he strained himself up.

"Good. And... I'm sorry, Lux."

Ahsoka force-leaped from the balcony onto the nearest rooftop. Everything was happening so fast.

"Hey, Sleemo!" Ahsoka yelled at Bane as she ignited her lightsabers.

"Well well well," Bane sneered, "looks like I have to get messy." He pointed his blaster at Ahsoka.

The chase was on.