-------------------------------------------

We finished our food.

"It's almost time, we gotta go." he pointed out. I sighed, why does time pass so fast when you enjoy it? 

"Let's go then." I said with a disappointed look on my face. 

As we left the table I noticed another group of sturdy looking men stand up as well and approach us. Just when I became suspicious of the whole group I subtly  tucked at Damian's sleeve. 

"They're with us" He said. 

"Wait, have they been following us the whole time?" I questioned. He nodded and casually proceeded putting on his jacket.  "How haven't I noticed them before?" 

"That's the point." 

"Oh" 

"So, has anyone else been following us, except for them? Or are we safe for now?" I waited for him to lead the way out. "Well, yes and no, a few suspicious men were terminated, they didn't succeed in getting closer to us though."

"With terminated,  you mean?" I asked trying my best not to falter back, Damian nodded as his guards led us to the car. The silence in the car didn't bother me at first, it was his casual treatment to me that made me feel safe, but it was for sure deceiving, couldn't be otherwise. Who knows what will happen to me when and after we arrive in America. 

"Isabelle" Damian let out an exasperated breath, that was all it took for him to get my full attention. "We need to go over some things." I nervously wiggled in my seat, trying to get into a more comfortable position. I nodded. "Shoot." damn it, I sounded nervous as well. 

"You don't know what awaits you back home, there is an existing possibility that you'll try to flee and I know it's not reassuring to know this, but right now you're the safest with me. That's why I'm telling, no, warning you to not act up or try anything stupid." I took in his message word by word, letting out unconscious nods. 

"Good. Also, as I said before, don't contact the police. They're not your friend in this matter. Additionally, I've got something for you." he said as he reached into his pocket. 

"Your phone and passport. I put the card back in, so the contacts are still in there." 

"Really?!?" I couldn't believe he'd actually return them to me, before I knew it, I hungrily reached for them, waiting for him to let go. He didn't because I felt him pull back. A questionable frown crossed my face before I could utter a word. 

"Again, don't try anything stupid, Isabelle." He let out a warning, once again, this time a more serious one, looking coldly into my eyes. I slowly gulped away the fear and shivers that were unfortunately souring through me again. 

"Yeah, yeah, you got it, now give them back please?" play it cool Isabelle, don't show him anything suspicious. "Sooo, does that mean I can contact my family again?" 

"Yes." Damian leaned back in his seat.

"What? Why am I all of a sudden allowed to? Aren't you afraid of me telling them about you?" 

"They're all in Italy right now, so there's no point in hiding anything from them as there's nothing they can do either." Damian squinted his eyes, it looked like he was awaiting my reaction. It's as if he wants to provoke me again. 

He's not getting it from me then. 

"I don't know how you know that they're all in Italy already, but I'm happy they're safe at least." I said and turned to the window.

"Sir, the plane is ready for departure." A bald man poked his head through the car's window letting us know we could enter. 

"You go in first, I'll come right after you." Damian motioned to me, I decided to listen and took my time with approaching the jet. When subtly looking back, I saw him handing out 2 cases to what looked like officers? I wasn't sure, but those men were definitely in uniform.