EPISODE 12: FREEDOM

The freedom Jessica always wanted happened, even they all got the revenge they all wanted. But would they be paying a price for it? This was what Jessica thought about while they were all waiting for Carmen to wake up.
   The doctor told them they had removed the bullet but she was still in a coma. He said they could see her, but all of them couldn't go in at the same time. Bruce went in first. He stood by the bed and looked at her, he couldn't hold his tears. He said "God, I don't know if you can hear me. I heard from people that you are merciful and you do miracles. Can you show Carmen a little out of your mercy?" He held her hands for a while and left. Others also went in to check on her. When they came out, Bruce told them that Akilis had already killed Boss. Jessica said, "It's over then." They all were shocked when they saw Gon walking towards them. Liam was about bringing out his gun when Gon told him not to bother. He told them he didn't come to fight, but he came to tell them he was sorry. He said "Yo guys, I'm sorry. I feel like I should have gone with you guys then. I should have supported you and not Boss. We are family bros! And I'm also sorry about your friend, hopefully she will get better." They all hugged him.
   They asked him about Robb. He told them that he was dead. They asked him how. He explained everything to them. Swift said he would go with Gon to the base to check if by any chance he was still alive. When they got to the base, they got down from the car. They ran to Gon's apartment, they didn't see him outside. Gon and Swift brought out their guns and went to check inside Gon's apartment. They saw Robb's body lying down there. Swift checked him, he had no pulse. Swift said "He is dead! Fuck!" Gon saw a note of the table and called Swift's attention to it. Gon read it out "RAVISH was my family. I never knew Boss was my father until we came back from Richardson's operation. He figured that Richardson would say something, and we might turn against him. That was why he told me I was his son. I didn't mean to betray you guys but I had to choose my father. I love you bros and I hope you can forgive me." Gon knelt before Robb's body, he held him and shouted "Wake up brother! Wake up! I'm sorry!" Swift pulled him towards him and tried to console him. They arranged for Robb's body to be taken to the morgue. They went back to the hospital.
   When they got to the hospital, they told Liam and Jessica that Robb was dead. They also showed them the letter he wrote. Jessica broke into tears, Liam consoled her. Jessica said "Now that Boss is gone, we are no longer going back to that life. No more gangsterism, no more crimes. We will start a new life and we will do it for Robb." Liam said "For Robb!" They all shouted "For Robb!" Except Gon. They all looked at him and wondered why he didn't say anything. He told them "I like guns but I'll do it for Robb" He then shouted "For Robb!" They all laughed and hugged each other. Bruce came to meet them, he told them he would also love to start a new life for Carmen. He said he would be travelling to see Akilis the next day. Liam asked him if Akilis would agree, Bruce said he didn't know but he would try. They told him all would be alright. He said "Hopefully!"
   Bruce drove to see Akilis the next day. On his way, all he could think of was Carmen. He remembered how she made him laugh, how they shared their pains and feelings with each other. He got to Akilis' mansion in the night. Akilis was outside when he got there. He greeted him and said "Sorry I didn't bring Boss to you myself." Akilis laughed and said "No problem boy, you made sure he was captured and that was all that mattered. I heard you found love and Aaron shot her." Bruce told Akilis he wanted to leave. Akilis said "I was expecting you to say this anytime soon. Love can be very powerful. You're my most trusted man. I see you as a son. You're free to do whatever you want, boy." Bruce was surprised, he thanked Akilis and went inside.
....A week later.....
   They were all dressed in black as they stared at the coffin. Jessica gave a speech and said "We fought for freedom, we entered the Lion's den. We were able to capture the Lion, we thought we had won. But we didn't know we would pay a price for it. A freedom that wasn't free. You will always remain in our hearts, you will forever be a family. We love you and we hope your soul finds rest." They all wept. Liam held Jessica, Swift also consoled Gon. Bruce placed his hands on Carmen's shoulder, she was on a wheelchair. They all stared at Robb's picture and watched as the coffin was rolled down. Liam said "I know this is not the right moment but I don't know a better way to start a new life." He knelt down and brought out a ring. He said "Jessica, will you marry me?" Jessica looked at him and said "Really bro? You're gonna propose to me at a funeral!" She smiled and said "Of course, I would be your wife." They all were happy and hugged each other. Carmen told Jessica "Congratulations, I'm happy for you." Jessica looked at the ring again.

Thank you so much for Reading.
I hope you loved it.
Kindly vote! And drop your reviews in the comment section.