Into The World Of Darkness

Wei Ying

In the morning of the third day, Wei Ying found himself in the process of actually waking up his lover, as his exhaustion has been so consuming, that he had slept for what was left of the second day and night, right into the next morning. Wei Ying didn't blame him, thought, because after he witness the way he cleanse Yin's dark energy and transformed it into white, he knew just how much awesome his husband had become, fully earning his new title of Hanguang-Jun.

"Lan Zhan... Lan Zhan... wake up." Wei Ying whisper as he softly caressed Wangji's lovely young face and the effect was almost instantly, as Lan Zhan responded to Wei's call in record time.

"Wei Ying..." Wangji whisper back, just before he open his eyes to look at his smiling lover.

"Are you less tired now? Can you handle get inside the Burial Mounds or you want a few more hours of rest?" Wei Ying asked, but his lover moved his head in negative.

"I'm fine now." He whisper, as he sat down, helped by his caring lover.

"You sure?" Wei asked again.

"Yes." Wangji assure him and Wei Ying stood up to look for a bottle of potion Wen Qing had given him last night for when Lan Zhan wakes up. It was a tonic meant to ease fatigue, so he pour some of it on a cup and give it to his Lan Zhan to drink, who try to drink it in one go, but coughing some midway.

"Easy, Lan Zhan... it's a bit bitter..." Wei Ying said, as he took the cup from Wangji's hand and gently dry the liquid that ran down his jaw with his hand, quite tenderly.

"Is it better now?" Wei Ying asked his adorable husband.

"Mn." Wangji simply reply, giving Wei Ying a look so deep that he swear went all the way to his very soul and he loved his husband even more, for which he was going to take good care of him.

"Good, I have some cold breakfast made by Wen Qing with those healthy stuff that will give you stamina. After you eat it, we will reunite with the others and go to the seal. The dark energy is getting restless again and by the night, the seal may really break. So it will be better if we chase the corpses away from the seal." Wei Ying said as he offer his lover what Wen Qing prepared for him.

"Wei Ying..." Lan Zhan put the offered plate aside and stood too, coming closer to his lover.

"What? Want a morning kiss? I was going to wake you up like that but..." Wangji pull him closer and rested his forehead over his husband, closing his eyes. Then moved his head down to gently kiss Wei Ying, or so Wei thought, but soon he find out that his husband wanted more than to kiss him senseless this time. As he had open his mouth to give his Lan Zhan access to it, he felt as a thin ribbon of white energy came in, from Lan Zhan own open mouth and go down his throat, then reached his golden core and envelop it completely, then Wangji broke the kiss.

"Lan Zhan... what was that?" Wei asked as they parted.

"A gift." Wei moved his head to one side.

"What kind of gift was it? Were you trying to anchor me? Are you afraid I will get lost inside the Burial Mounds?" Wei Ying asked with curiosity. It felt like his beautiful man was making sure to hold his heart at all times.

"Wei Ying, no future is certain..." Wangji said and he pull him closer.

"But I'm making sure, you will never be lost." He finish as he kissed the crown of Wei's head.

"You mean, you are giving me a part of you, so I will not end up like Yin?" Wei asked, holding him back.

"Yes. My spark of light will lit your darkness no matter what." Wei smiled to those warmhearted words.