The Black And White Seeds

The Seer

It was curious how they all imagine the so called seer was an old woman that could change her appearance at will, when in reality, the one who had been pulling the strings of fate looked no older than twenty-five. She had long black braided hair, dressed in linen colorful robes of an ancient tribe of the beginning of time that was nothing more than a legend in that time and age. In her hand was now a staff made of steel with a heaven stone sphere at the top that was now shining slightly with a bluish color.

"Who really are you?" Zixuan asked at the young woman in front of them, unable to resist his own curiosity.

"That's a very long story from a past that humanity no longer remembers. Who I am is really not important, but if you most insist, then I will answer that my true name is Xiao Man, a descendant of the goddess Nuwa from the lost sacred tribe of Miao Jiang, which is the place you are inside now. This sacred lands, were once my hometown and this temple served the goddess Nuwa, as you can see her statue behind her altar."

"At the beginning of this world, in the times of immortals, sects and deeper cultivation, there was a different kind of conflict between humans that could gain abilities by cultivation and those who born with great powers, later called demons, that almost destroyed the world. Those called demons with inborn abilities became too powerful and ambitious over the passing of time and try to become immortals by extreme means, killing a great number of humans, for which Nuwa sealed the demons away in a different dimension, bringing peace to the human world."

"That happen, of course way before I came to this world. It was centuries later that the demons try to plot another war with humanity, while tricking the man I fell in love with, their king, Long You, making him believe that the suffering of the people of the netherworld was caused by Nuwa herself and wanting to take revenge on humanity for her unfairness to their people, we went to war. Those were hard times and we were just like you, young and careless with no idea of what fate had in store for us, yet at the end, a group of powerful friends manage to bring pace to both worlds, although with sacrifices."

"I trained the hardest for nine years in order to reunite with the man I loved who sealed himself and his people in the netherworld and in order to keep them from an unfair treatment and prevent for others from plotting another war behind my king's back, I marry and stayed in their side for centuries. That, of course, keep me blinded to what happen in this side, so Nuwa created both Yin and Yang, to keep the balance of this world in my absence. However, we focus too much on the demons plotting treachery that we failed to see that the humans were as capable to commit them, under the seeking of power and dominance."

"Despite my talent as seer, it doesn't mean I know everything, nor that I will not make mistakes, for which I knew nothing of humanity's fate while I was in the netherworld and when Nuwa called me back, a great calamity had already took place and Yin was lost in herself with half her conscious eaten away, while Yang too weaken to keep the balance all on his own. For the lands to be cleansed, there was going to be needed two new seeds that help restore the balance until Yin and Yang are once again reunited, thus Nuwa bestow me with the black and white seeds."

"I then wander in this world for centuries in search for the ones I will bestow the seeds, knowing only that the dark one will be the son of one of my beloved disciples, but I had many over the centuries, until I found another child of Nuwa abandon in the streets. Without a name, I gave her mine and knew her future child was going to be the one. I was then gifted with many revelations to make what was needed to happen to become true and prepare myself and Sanren for the hard future to come."

"Then one day, years ago, when you were four years old, you became very sick, as well as Wen Ning. All three of you had encounter a focus of resentful dark energy while exploring around the lands and fall on it, when the earth under your feet's gave in and you fell inside, becoming poisoned by it. Wen Qing which was the oldest, luckily didn't fell to the underground cave and went back to look for help, but you and Wen Ning were at the verge of death as you were trapped inside for hours, until help finally arrived."