A Battle Royale

🔥Lan Wangji🔥

"Mother... mom..." Wei Ying whisper into his mother's arms and Wangji was glad for his lover to have that wanted reunion he had wait for the last seven years. He was glad that Wei Ying had been blessed with such caring parents that will do anything for each other, so unlike his own that had die tragically.

However, sixteen years was still a long time and although it did hurt not having a parents support, he had his brother Xichen and that was in itself all he needed, because Xichen cared for him as much as Wei's parents, even going as far as to allowing him to love not only another man, but a man from another Clan and grant him freedom to stay with him for as long as he lived, if that was his desire.

"Ah, you brat, you have grown to be such a handsome young man and not only that, quite powerful too... you did well, my dear husband." Sanren said as she got a better look at her son, taking his hands and even making him turn, to have a full look.

"It wasn't easy, I tell you, now it will be your turn to deal with his unruliness. He is quite the untamed." Lord Wei told her.

"I hear that. Mom... please don't listen to him." Wei Ying said with a pout that Wangji loved and Sanren laughed.

"Dear husband, how can you said that? He brought home the handsome personification of rules." Sanren said as she looked at Lan Wangji with approval and happiness.

"That he did, the Lan boy must had been enchanted." Lord Wei insisted.

"I told you I didn't!" Wei told him for who knows how many times.

"Wei Lao! How can you doubt your own son charm like that?! Don't worry, my Wuxian, you take after the beauty of your mother." She affirmed and Wangji arched an eyebrow, thinking that his lover had inherited not only the good looks from her, but also her personality too and apparently the others thought the same, as a few of them laughed including Lord Zheng, making the Wei family focus back on the present problem.

"Oh how rude of me. Jin Zixuan, if your only worry is for Madam Jin safety, there is no need for you to go. In two days, Madam Yu will have an extended visit in the Golden Tower and help her in this trouble times, for as long as is needed. Madam Yu, of course, will not tolerate neither wicked rumors nor actions against Madam Jin. She had already make her intention known, as she had send a message directly to your cousin as a warning." Sanren told him.

"How do you know? It's not like she sent the message to you." Zixuan told her, as he stood, no longer under Lord Zheng's pressure.

"You insolent brat!" Lord Wei yelled, yet Sanren simply winked at her husband.

"Information is what I manage best and she did sent Lord Wei here a message, demanding him to take care of her son and daughter for her, while she stays in the Golden Tower." Sanren said softly.

"Thus you will stay here whatever you want it or not, brat. This is my Clan boy and you better remember it, because you will stay here for a while. Now go back to your rooms, tomorrow your training resumes and it's not going to be pretty." Lord Wei told them as he turned to leave.

"Wait... mother..." Wei Ying begin to protest and Sanren sighed.

"We will talk later, my son. I will not go anywhere anytime soon." And after she gave Wei Ying a peck on his cheek.

"By the way, I approve your relationship with the young Master Lan. I welcome you to the Wei Clan, Lan Wangji." She told Lan Zhan, who bowed respectfully.

"Thank you." Lan Zhan said and then, after smiling at both of her sons, she followed her grumpy husband back to their pavilion. After their departure, Yanli finally convince her fiancé to go back to his room and everyone follow his example, to Sandu's relief.