First Encounter

Wei Ying

After their heated love making, they went out to dress again and pick up their swords, then went back to their original room to change into more decent and dry robes to pick up Ah Yuan. Then they headed to Xichen's room. When they arrived, the sliding door was open and they could hear Xichen talking with someone else. Ah Yuan hear them coming and hastily went out to greet his two fathers.

"Father Xian!" Ah Yuan yelled as he ran toward him and Wei Ying took him in his arms, at the entrance of the room. He was glad to see his father Zhan too, but since he didn't see his father Xian in the morning, he missed him more.

"You little brat, I hope you behave with Lord Xichen." Wei Ying said and his son assented.

"I did. Lord Xichen played the zither for me. Can you teach me play it? It was so beautiful..." Wei Ying sighed. It really looks like he will become a full Lan.

"Father Zhan will sure teach you, if you behave in the coming days." Wei Ying told him and the kid beamed, as he looked at his father Zhan.

"Will you?" Little Yuan asked hopefully and Wangji slightly smiled.

"Yes." Wangji answer and Ah Yuan giggled with happiness, while Xichen went out with a smile. However this time he was not alone, as there was someone else by his side, carefully observing their interactions.

"Brother, Meng Yao." Lan Zhan bowed respectfully and Wei Ying directed his attention to the man standing by Lord Xichen. He smiled at him quite charmingly and bowed back, greeting them both, but as he look at him, there was something he didn't quite like it.

He was pretty average in high and appearance, so was his robes, not too fancy, yet not too plain either. He gave an air of been ordinary, someone that didn't stand in a crowd, yet his smile was alluring, but his eyes were different, they were the eyes that resemble eagles, sharp and cunning, seen it all. No matter what, he thought of him as someone who hides his true self.

"There is something odd about that one, Wei Ying, be wary of him." Xuanyu warned him internally, as he sensed a hint of something dark on him, despite the bright face and friendly approach.

"I know, I got the same feeling." Wei Ying told Xuanyu back, making him relax.

"Young Master Wei, this is Lord Meng Yao, second in command of the Nie Clan and my sworn brother. He just came to visit me a minute ago." Xichen introduce them and as for courtesy, Wei Ying slightly bowed to him, with Ah Yuan still on his arms.

"Ah, I had hear a lot about you, young Master Wei. You seems to be quite talented." The man said in a friendly manner.

"Not really, I'm just a bit above average." Wei Ying said back and Wangji arched an eyebrow. That he diminish himself was quite unlike him, as he usually thought highly of himself.

"That's quite modest. I most thank you for taking good care of Nie Huaisang. He said you had help him a lot." The man said with a kind smile in his lips that gives Wei Ying goosebumps.

"I do my best for all." He reply back.

"That's good to hear, helping each other is our way to survive. Please don't hesitate to ask for my help if you feel in need. We are neighbors Clans, after all." Meng Yao offered, but Wei Ying didn't feel the sincerity even when he was smiling kindly.

"I thank you for the offer, but our Clans in the east deals with problems quite well on our own. We are like a extended family after all." Wei Ying said as he declined the offer.

"Oh, that's reassuring. I wish all Clans acted like that." Meng Yao said and Wei Ying swear that a hint of dark energy sparked inside the other man.