Gifts, Surprises And Secrets

Wei Ying

The next day, they all were relieved to find out that their punishment regiment was finally over and their spiritual energy was once again restored to normalcy. To give them some credit for their hard work and endurance, Lord Wei Lao had grant them a few free days wondering around the towns inside the barrier to have some fun.

Wei Ying was actually quite eager to show his Lan Zhan and the others, the many markets and other wonderful things the east had to offer. He wanted to show them that despite the harsh environment they also had good stuff and their own captivating places.

They went down to the Tongyuan Town that held a flower festival at that time of the year and wander about the markets that offer from rare items to elixirs. Wen Qing was found of that town, because the medicines sell there were the best and great for both, common humans and cultivators alike. Thus she guide them among the stands that sells the best elixirs first, to replenishing lost energy, to keep their meridians at best, cleanse darkness (which Lan Zhan buy a few for him), to enhance physical strength (which most of them buy for themselves) and so on, until she deemed them well prepare for all kind of future occasions.

Then Mainmian wanted to see the textiles of the area and the robes, so Wei Ying guide them to that part of the town and wait for the girls to make their happy purchases that of course included hairpins, combs and makeup. Jiang Cheng found himself sneaking away on his own to buy something pretty for Wen Qing and found a nice comb and a petty pendant that had four small butterflies, facing a phoenix and a dragon, two of the guardians of the realm grabbing a pearl, made with filigree brass over a green jade stone.

The craftsmanship was good and he was hoping she will like it and accept it as a token of his feelings. They had already pass through so much and his feelings for her had not waver, but deepen as the time passes. Their future was uncertain, but he was going to enjoy their time together whatever short or long. With equal intentions, Wen Ning shyly asked Wei Ying for a gift to Mianmian and Wei Ying dragged his Lan Zhan and the rest of the men away, while the girls were distracted.

They chose a beautiful set of flower hairpins and earrings that matches, in soft pink and gold. Then they kind of forced Zixuan to buy something for Yanli too, to make for the nasty treatment of last month. In fact, when Jiang Cheng join them, he make Zixuan buy a set of red hairpins and earrings for the wedding that was still scheduled to happen in a few years. He was obviously not good at choosing gifts, so he simply told the woman selling the hairpins to give him the prettiest of the lot, no matter the price.

At the end, both Wei Ying and Jiang Cheng were quite pleased with the gift their sister will get and then they were dragged to buy a new fan for Huaisang and Wei Ying a protective courting green jade pendant for his Lan Zhan and himself. The one he chose have two halves, with one dragon half, he gave to his husband, while he took the matching part of the pairing phoenix.

Lan Zhan was quite embarrassed when Wei Ying put over his neck one of the two parts, but he was very pleased deep inside. Wei Ying laughed as his 'cute' red ears and took his hand to drag him to buy some candies for their son, who will return to them before sunset. In such high spirit, they went back to meet with the girls and had some lunch together before heading back to the main Clan. However, as they walked back to the appointed meeting place, they begin to hear some rumors among the villagers.

"They said is a giant beast not even Zilin could kill." One villager was saying.

"Do you think it will come for us? That thing had slaughter thousands of people since it came to be in this world." Another said.

"Could it be the rogues are now coming after us? They killed the Jin Clan Leader and some people said that they try to kill Nie Mingjue... now is our turn..." They keep going.