Summary

Warning: Something Found is book 2 of 3 part series. I am currently working on changing the tense of the first story, Something Lost, to 3rd person. If you don't want to read the first book you can read the forward below to catch up. Enjoy.

—————

   Over half a year has gone by since Alanis found herself outside of the settlement she called home

   Over half a year has gone by since Alanis found herself outside of the settlement she called home. At the time she was frightened, having never been outside the walls that protected her people.

  But as time passed outside her home, she learned the horrible truths she had been blind to while there.

   That her life there was governed by a lie meant to control her, and the others like her. They were all manipulated into believing they had a genetic disease that would kill them. When in actuality, they were secretly being murdered by the very people who declared to save them.

   Those living outside, in the many kingdoms and territories, claimed the settlements were merely trying to force extinction on those touched by the gods because they were afraid of their gift to wield nature. And there were also claims that the settlement scientists were performing experiments on the ones they let live.

Regardless of what was going on, it was wrong, leaving many innocent dead for no reason.

   Learning the world was fuller than she once thought, Alanis found purpose with her new life and soon let go of the old one. In time, the Bright Kingdom of Berthold began to feel like the place she was always meant to be, her true home.

While there, she realized how special her new abilities were, discovering she was the prophesied Warrior of Light, the Oraur Lahre. That she had been blessed by the Mother Goddess herself, Letando'Na to perform a task set by the gods.

Despite carrying the burden of her new title, she managed to create lasting friendships, and to fall in love...

   Thought the silver-haired king, Alexander, stole her heart quite easily, as she stole his, their love was not meant to be. He was betrothed to another, bound to a contract that would bring war to to his kingdom should he forsake it.

   And there was another threat that loomed, one that called for her to depart the Bright Kingdom, to follow the brother of Alexander's betrothed, to the frigid northern kingdom, Ati Harei.

   Will Alanis have the courage and strength to follow her destiny, or will she turn her back on the gods, and followers, to pave a path of her own?