13. Equations and Mistakes- Five

-

-

-

I woke up with a splitting headache. I sat up and groaned, interrupting whatever conversation Holiday and Luther were having.

"Five! How're you feeling?" Holly asked, immediately coming to my aid.

"I'm fine, Babe. What are you guys talking about?"

"Just sharing stories from the 60s," Holly's head flicked up, and a bottle of water hovered in the air. She grabbed it and handed it to me. "Drink this."

I nodded and took some sips as she rubbed my back.

"So, Five, when's it supposed to happen?" Luther asked. "This....apocalypse?"

I adjusted myself.

"I can't give you the exact hour, but from what I could gather we have four days."

I felt Holly tighten her arm around my shoulder. I put my hand on her knee, trying to be a little reassuring.

"Why didn't you say something sooner?" Luther spit, leaning forward.

"It wouldn't have mattered," I replied, my voice hoarse.

"Of course it would! We could've banded together to help you try and stop this thing!"

"For the record, you already tried."

"What do you mean?"

I suddenly felt my face grow hot and tears burn my eyes. I looked down in an attempt to hide it.

"I-I found all of you. Holly included...in the apocalypse."