5. Our Last Day- Five

-

-

I woke up around 7:30. I had one arm around Holly, and the other on my notebook. I glanced over at Holly, who looked like an angel as she slept. I kissed her cheek. Her eyes fluttered open and she yawned.

"Good Morning," She mumbled.

"Morning."

Holly sat up and I adjusted my arm. We sat in bed together for a few more minutes, neither of us saying a word. This was going to be the last time we were ever going to be in bed together.

"I-I should start breakfast." Holly said, pushing herself up.

I nodded and watched as she began to get dressed.  I followed suit.

Going through my things, I found a small handgun. I  considered taking it with me, but figured it would be useless. But then again, I wasn't sure what trouble would occur in the future. After a moment of decision making, I shoved the gun in a shoe box and left it on the bed. Then, I left the room and helped Holly make breakfast.

"So, how are we faking your death?" She asked.

I thought for a moment. "Good question. It would have to be an accident where I'd end up at the hospital, because that's the only place I can get the jolt...how about sudden cardiac arrest around four? Doctor steps out of the room, we disconnect the respirator, we fool the Doctor, then I leave, and you bury a shoebox."

Holiday nodded. "I think I can work with that....and a shoebox? What for?"

"Nothing. Just say it's my ashes or something like that," I looked her in the eye, dead serious. "It's important that nobody opens the box. It's something for the future."

"Okay."

I was surprised at how well Holly was taking this. I reached over and put my hand on top of hers.

"What do you want to do today?"

"Spend every moment I can with you."

I gave a small chuckle. "Well yes, but what do you want to do?"

Holly thought, and I just stared at her beautiful face.

"I want to get ice cream and sightsee."

"Then that we will do,"

Holly giggled and kissed me. The kiss deepened and I pulled her onto my lap. God I was going to miss this.

When we finished, we cleaned up and I packed my bag, shoving in my notes, a few pencils, pens, and Dolores, of course.