10.An Eyeball and the Apocalypse- Holiday

-

-

-

We pulled up at a place called Griddy's Donuts. Five roughly parked, and I followed him inside. We took a seat on two stools at the front counter.

"This reminds me of when we first met," I said, looking around.

A sweet smile formed on Five's lips. Gosh, I missed that smile.

Five pressed the service bell, anxious for some coffee. Normally, I'd want some, too, but I wasn't feeling very well.

A man came up and sat beside us, Five sitting between me and the stranger. Five eyed the man suspiciously, protectively putting his arm on my thigh.

A petite, friendly looking waitress came briskly in from the back and pulled out a notepad and pen, giving me deja vu.

"So, what'll it be?" She asked, looking at the man, Five and me.

"I'll have a chocolate eclair," The Man said.

The waitress scribbled it down and turned us.

"Can I get the kids anything? A glass of milk or something?"

"I'm alright, thanks." I mumbled.

"The kid wants coffee. Black." Five said.

The Waitress smiled, clearly puzzled by his choice of drink.

"Cute kid."

Five gave a forced smile, making me giggle. The Waitress turned away and began to fill the orders. Five sighed and looked around.

"I don't remember this place being such a shit hole. I used to come here as a kid; we used to sneak out. Was a different time then,"