3. A Day in the Life-Holiday

-

From the first day we met, Five and I hit it off right away

From the first day we met, Five and I hit it off right away. After spending our days adjusting him to the 60s, we time traveled a lot through the 20th century, using his spatial jumps (of course).

Soon, the days turned into months, and months turned into years. Our no-longer aging selves became far more than just acquaintances- we could barely keep our hands off each other. If we weren't working on equations, we were most likely making out.

We built a whole life with together. Five ended up getting a job as a Typist, and urged me to quit my job as a Call Girl. I did, and spent most of my time either at the coffee shop or making short trips to different times to build up my record collection. Five had moved into my bedroom, and gave the guest bedroom to Dolores.

But one day, things were different.

"Five, Honey! Dinner's ready!" I called. When I got no reply, I tried again. "Five?"

Still no answer.

I set down our plates and made my way to the small study, where Five was working on equations with Dolores. I went up behind him and kissed his cheek.

"Honey, dinner's ready."

"Give me a minute....I think I've got something." Five muttered, not looking away from his large chalkboard.

"Okay. I'll leave you to it. Don't forget the Hendersons are coming over for dessert in an hour."

"Mm-hmm,"

I sighed and squeezed his shoulder before going back to the kitchen. I fixed us both plates of potatoes  and cabbage, and set them on the table. I tried to wait for Five, but I was fairly hungry. When he arrived, he sat down without a word.

"I feel like I've hardly seen you today," I said. "You came straight home from work and into the study."

"I had a revelation at work, and I just had to get it down...and I think I did it, Holly, I think I figured it out. I think I'm finally going to be able to go back to my family."

I was happy for him, but Five's words stabbed like a knife. His family. He told me stories of the Academy all the time, and I knew he wanted to get back to them, but what about me? He was my family now, and if he were to leave me I don't know what I'd do with myself.

"Really? That's wonderful, Dear." I couldn't meet his eyes. I looked down at my plate and pushed around some salad on my near-empty plate.