19. The End of the World- Five

-

-

I threw money at a cab driver and Holly into the back. "Step on it!"

The driver complied and sped through the city. I held Holly close, trying to keep her conscious.

How could I have been so stupid? So caught up in an apocalypse that didn't even happen that I forgot she's practically dying!

I stroked her hair as she whimpered. "Hey, Holly, it's okay. We'll be back home soon, and Mom can help you. You're gonna be okay-" I felt my voice start to catch.

Holly's eyes started flickering, a few tears rolling down her cheeks. I was about to say something more, but was cut off by what felt like a massive earthquake.

"Holy shit," The Driver muttered as The Academy came into view. "A building collapsed. Looks like we're gonna need a detour."

Oh God. It's The Academy. The apocalypse isn't over.

"No, just let us out here," I said.

"But the traffic-"

"Let us out."

The Driver stopped the taxi and I helped Holly out. I wrapped my arm around her waist, and we walked the rest of the way as fast as we can. I pulled Holly through the rubble, praying my siblings were still alive.

"Guys," I called. "Guys, this is it," A small weight was lifted from me as Allison, Luther, Diego, and Klaus turned to look at me. "The apocalypse is still on. The world ends today."

"I thought you said it was over." Luther growled.

I gestured to a newspaper. "I was wrong, okay? This newspaper I found it on the future the day I got stuck. The headline hasn't changed,"

"No, that doesn't mean anything," Diego spit. "The time could've altered since that newspaper came out that morning."

"You're not listening to me! When I found it, I assumed this place came down with everything else. But the moon's still shining and Earth is in one piece, but not The Academy,"

"Wait, I'm confused-" Klaus began.

"-Then listen to me you idiot!" I cried, struggling to keep Holly upright as she grew weaker. "Vanya destroys the Academy before the apocalypse. I though Jenkins was the cause, but he was just the fuse. Vanya is the bomb. Vanya causes the apocalypse."