9. The Arrival- Five

-

-

I fell to the cold, hard ground, exhausted. Time Traveling usually made me tired, but nothing like this.

I got up and brushed myself off. I glanced down at myself, then at the group of people in front of me.

"Shit."

I looked over to see Holly crumpled a few feet away. She sat up and held her face, where she had a bruise forming just below her eye. I knelt down and helped her up.

"Is it just me or does anybody else see little Number Five and a random girl?" A man, who I could only assume to be my brother Klaus questioned.

Holly clung to me, clearly terrified. "Five, where are we?"

I gave a little sigh of relief.

"I did it. I'm back."

"Really?"

I nodded. Holly cupped my face in her hands and kissed me. My now adult siblings watched in utter confusion.

"Number Five?"

I pulled away from Holiday and faced them. "Yeah?"

"How are you here?"

"Who's the girl?"

"What. Just Happened?"

I waved my hand dismissively.

"Holly, these are my siblings; Diego, Allison, Klaus, Luther, Ben, and Vanya....." I suddenly realized my brother Ben was not among them. "Wait, where's Ben?"

Allison stepped forward and looked at me with almost sad eyes.

"Five, he died."

"Oh." I looked down, suddenly feeling a pang in my chest. I should've remembered. Vanya talked about it in her book, which I found in the apocalypse. "Guys, this is my girlfriend, Holly."

Holly gave a small wave and a smile. Klaus waved back.

"How-How are you here?" Diego asked, still bewildered.

"I'll explain in a minute. I need a sandwich," I pulled Holly inside, and the rest followed.

I immediately began to gather the ingredients to make a peanut butter and marshmallow sandwich.