Chapter 57

"Oya, so he uses guess blocking, huh"

Karasuno had a hard time with Shiratorizawa's middle blocker stuffing their every spikes.

"Sensei, please call a time out"

Ukai instruct the advisor, the whistle blow and every player exit the court. The older coach turn to Aiko.

"Wanna explain it to them this time?"

"If it's fine with you"

"Go on ahead"

Aiko nod her head and stood up, approaching the tired players, she put her hands on her waist eyeing them all.

"You all had already understand everything about read block, right?"

"Yes!!!"

""Read" doesn't mean "Reading" it was more of "Understanding". Because by looking at the dircetion of the ball carefully before jumping this kind of ball, is not easy to get away with a toss. Even if the reaction time is slower, but having three person blocking the net at the same time is the ultimate defence. We've been practicing with Nekoma High for this"

She pause fo a moment before continuing.

"Yet.... the characterstic of player 5's is predicting and instinct. Guess block. "Guess" mean predicting. He had predicting the attack during the pass and use his instinct to go for the jump. Of course, his instinct might not be accurate, one he messed up it will become an hinderance to the team's net blocking defence. At best, it's a personal technique for blocking the net. But......"

Narrowing her eyes, she gaze at them seriously.

"That #5's prediction and instinct is terrifyingly accurate. Also, he trained his body to react to every prediction he made. You guys better remeber that his movements are random. Don't overthink the situation and delay your reaction blah blah blah yada yada yada....... got it?"

"Osu!!!"

" And Tobio?"

Turning around the boy face her sister.

"Try to fake your moves every chance you got, a trace of doubt will build up if ever......"

"Right"

Time Out Over

As Ohira serve the ball, Kageyama look through the net, catching Tendo's attention. Daichi got the ball sending it to the setter, Kageyama jump while turning his body. In an instant he toss the ball to Hinata, the boy quickly spike the ball just above Tendo's form.

Kageyama went into a tossing position, Tendo quickly act, and run to the right in an attempt to block Hinata, his eyes widen when Kageyama toss the ball to Daichi, making Aiko snicker.

"I got it wroooooonngggg!!!"

The captain spike the ball down, Yamagata recieve the ball and it flew to the crows. Nishinoya gave the ball to Kageyama, the setter remeber what his sister's words earlier as he watch the ball fall above him.

"Keep it in mind that their movement doesn't have a regular pattern. Don't overthink ot else you will get messed up. Also...... when facing opponents like them you have to........."

Hinata quickly dash to the other side of the net.

"Make use of the width on your left and right"

Hinata spike the ball just beside Goshiki's arm, the ball bounce off of the libero's arm.

Kawanishi serve the ball and Nishinoya drop for a recieve. The ball flew back to Shiratorizawa's side, Shirabu toss to Tendo, the middle blocker pause before spiking the ball, but his attack got stuffed back by Tsukishima.