Gen was wise, calculated, intelligent, and powerful. I knew it's weird for me to trust her when I basically knew nothing about her—apart from the fact that she's the Sorcerer, but I felt like she's someone I could trust.

"Gen?"

Gen turned to look at me, her feet up to her calf was buried in the river.

"Why did you save me?"

Gen frowned for a while then looked away, "Why is that suddenly on your mind?"

"Just wondering," I shrugged. "You never told me the actual reason. Lisa also told me that the Sorcerer doesn't usually just save people as you did me. Plus, I'm a human. Just... why?"

Gen twirled her hand up and the river water followed her move. A fish was trapped within the water flow she was controlling, and with her other hand, she captured the fish as the water broke down. She threw the fish towards the bucket of water in front of me, and the golden-skinned fish joined two other of its kind.

"Lalisa's right. We, Sorcerers, don't usually break out from our obscurity, moreover saving a human like you. We scarcely even save anyone, not even Guardians or Warriors. But, that day... I heard voices in my head, I was seeing things. And all of them were telling me to save you. So I did."

Lisa's voice reappeared in my head, "...and this Sorcerer, she came to save you from dying. You, Tzuyu... and you're only human. I'm—I'm just confused, why would she?"

"What does it mean?"

Gen stared at me, confused. Her eyes were sharp, careful, and almost blank.

"What do I mean? What is my purpose, now that I'm given a second chance?"

Maybe in the future, I could love Lisa again?

Maybe Lisa and I would be the endgame.

Maybe all of this drought and pain would be worth it in the end.

"When the time comes, you'll know," Gen said softly, but her eyes were now heavy with new-found emotions I could not decipher. "However, I suggest you not to stress about it now. We have a dinner to prepare before we depart to Bohol."

I nodded as Gen flicked her hand and the bucket elevated, floating just beside her. Gen lead the way to our semi-permanent stay. However, her words couldn't stop ringing in my head.

When the time comes, you'll know.

I ignored the sick feeling in my guts when the sentence replied itself in my mind.

/THIRD PERSON POV/

/THIRD PERSON POV/

Mina was silently watching Lisa from afar. The Alpha was radiating the most powerful aura she had ever seen, her eyes was flame against her glacial ones, her strong, masculine scent sent her almost over the edge. Even when the Alpha wasn't doing much other than strolling around with a cup of coffee on her hand and checking up on several of her employees, Mina could see how untouchable she was.