twenty seven

/THIRD PERSON POV/

/THIRD PERSON POV/

It wasn't her first time being inside the enormous bedroom—which felt more like a suite. Nevertheless, the blonde was nervous, anxious for what was about to happen next. 

Lisa had left earlier to spend some time in the backyard, she assumed. The older blonde favored nature with the whole space feasible in her body, and every time she needed a getaway, it would be her ultimate choice. 

And right now, the older needed a getaway the most. She hadn't slept all night, sitting on her couch while keeping her eyes locked on Jennie—anticipating if suddenly the brunette woke up. But she never did, the brunette slept safe and sound throughout the night without knowing that a certain someone was faithfully watching over her.

Chaeyoung was told by Lisa to keep an eye on Jennie while she's away for a while. Chaeyoung, who was surprised to find Jennie inside their estate, obeyed nevertheless. She couldn't say no to her sister, especially with the older's glare which sent unavoided goosebumps on her skin. 

Chaeyoung glanced back at Jennie, then tried her best to focus reading the book on her lap. The book wasn't even intriguing her, it was merely an excuse if Jennie woke up so that the latter wouldn't know that she was watching over her the entire time she's asleep. 

Lisa hadn't said anything, and Chaeyoung hadn't dared to ask, either. So, she was confused. And a little bit scared, too. The questions spinning infinitely in her mind was starting to drive her crazy. 

Why did Lisa bring Jennie here? 

Had something happened last night? 

Did Jennie know about their secret, their legacy, their specialty? 

Why was Jennie asleep for such a long time? 

It was already 8 AM but the brunette had barely made any sign of waking up. 

With each second passing through, the blonde felt more and more impatient. Strings of possible what-ifs shambled inside her brain. 

Chaeyoung sighed, then closed the book and decided to walk around the massive room. On Lisa's work desk, one certain thing had caught her undivided attention almost the immediate second she laid her eyes on the spot. 

A photograph of their family.

It was not big but held such an uncountable memory and value within itself. The picture was taken about ten years ago, in a park in New Zealand when they had had their Sunday picnic routine. She took the photograph from the table to examine it closely.

They were all sitting on a checkered, pink blanket. Their father grinned at the camera, his tired eyes lightened up with undeniable love. The ten years old Chaeyoung sat comfortably on his father's lap, showing her perfect teeth in a full grin as she laughed happily. 

Their mother smiled warmly at the camera, leaning her head toward Marco's shoulder. Lisa sat on her lap with her mother's protective arms wrapped around her tiny figure. Then there was Jace who stood behind their parents, wrapping his hands on both their separate shoulders, hugging them close.