fourteen

/LISA/

I noticed disappointment in her face, and I felt guilty instantly. Tonight was probably my only chance to be closer to her, maybe even get to know her more.

I shouldn't have let her down, she's still my date after all.

Hearing the soft, familiar melody playing from the live band's instruments, I smiled secretly.

Maybe a little dance would help.

"I'm gonna refill my drink," Jennie sighed and got up, then quickly turned her heels to approach the bar.

Just as quickly, I stood up and grabbed her hand. Her palm felt so small, soft, and just... perfect in my hand. Before I got lost in her touch, I opened my mouth.

"Dance with me?"

Her pupil dilated, her eyes widen, and she took a sharp breath. I was still holding her hand, caressing its back with my thumb softly.

"But, I don't know how to," she lightly looked down, blushing. What was she so shy for?

"No worries, just follow me," I said, already walking back to the dance floor, dragging her with me. My own heart was beating furiously loud, I was afraid for a second she might hear it.

When we got on the dance floor, I smiled at her. She looked pretty much unsure of what to do, and a little nervous. Okay, maybe not a little. She's a nervous wreck, I could tell by the sudden increase of heat inside her body.

Guiding her hand that I had held to rest upon my shoulder, I whispered. "Relax, trust me,"

Her shoulders slumped down a little bit, her breathing relaxed. I pulled her closer by the waist, and she automatically rested her other hand on my shoulder. Smiling, I stared at her.

Soon enough, the singer's voice cut in.

Wise men say only fools rush in
But I can't help falling in love with you

I took the time to embrace her beauty, to appreciate how she had perfectly done her makeup, how her dress hugged her small figure, how her eyes sparkled underneath the golden lamps dimly lit above us, and how perfect she felt in my arms.

Shall I stay?
Would it be a sin

"If I can't help falling in love with you,"
Jennie sang, her eyes were clouded with admiration. I felt the need to slap my face square in the face, just to make sure I wasn't dreaming.

Did Jennie Kim just sing that last line to me?

No... she was probably just carried by the soft voice of the singer.

Like a river flows surely to the sea
Darling, so it goes
Some things are meant to be

I took her hand that rested on my shoulder, brought it to my lips and kissed its back faintly. Jennie blushed immediately, biting her lip to suppress her smile. She failed, and only by looking at her cute smile, I grinned immediately.

I took her other hand, both now resting on top of my palms. I stepped back, making some space between us. Then I raised my hand and turn her around, her dress flowed following her gesture. And by God, she looked ethereal right now.

Take my hand, take my whole life too
For I can't help falling in love with you

I raised my hand above her head and pulled her closer, her back now pressing to my front slightly. Not even in a sexual way, I enjoyed the feeling.

My jaw rested just above her left ear, her head leaned on my shoulder as we swayed to the music. My hands were tangled with hers in front of her waist.