three

/CHAEYOUNG/

I woke up with a headache, a terrible one. I searched around the room but I was alone, no one was present beside me. Lisa was gone. I wanted to find her, but my body was still too weak to get up from the bed. 

Luckily, she had left a glass full of water on my bedside table. I reached for it and drank it right after, not even realizing how thirsty I had been. My throat was instantly freshened up by the liquid running down my esophagus.

I put the empty glass on top of my bedside table, now feeling a little better. 

I wondered where Lisa was because I had something important to tell her. 

Jennie.

Yes, my new friend at university. The moment my hand touched hers, I felt a jolt of electricity ran through my palm into my wrist. It was something that's uncommon to happen. Usually, that electricity indicated something about the person. I could hear her thinking the same, I knew she feels the electricity too (thanks to my ability for that). 

Then what did it have to do with Lisa?

The moment I looked into her eyes, I could see a glimpse of her future. And well, not gonna lie, it was shocking to see my sister in it. I saw her and Lisa would eventually fall in love and held a future together. I didn't know when it's bound to happen, but all I could see was Lisa's infinite happiness inside Jennie's eyes. 

She hadn't known it yet, neither did Lisa. 

But those weren't the only things I saw. In the future, the two would have to go through thunderstorms and waves of tsunamis, if I were to exaggerate it. Then I also sensed something, a huge amount of love and trust stood tall between the thunderstorms and would be present as an anchor to both of them. 

In only a split second, I saw all those things. 

I saw my sister's future. 

I had planned to tell Lisa about it, but then I guess it's better off not to tell her. 

Let her live her fate like how she's supposed to. I thought it's better if I didn't intervene and keep the knowledge to myself. 

My thoughts were disrupted when someone knocked on the door. 

"Come in," I called, my voice was still as weak as it was, and I hated it.

A smile was automatically drawn on my face when I saw Lisa entering the room. 

"Hey," she muttered as she sat on the edge of my bed. 

"Hi there," I smiled.

"How are you feeling?" she asked, studying me slowly. Her brows were furrowed and her lips were pursed. A facial expression that indicates her worried state. 

"Better now," I admitted fairly. 

She stayed silent, but her mind didn't. Her thoughts sounded so discordant to me, and I could hear all her worries and guilts without her saying it. 

"Stop, you're being too loud," I caressed her cheek, to assure that I'm, as a matter of fact, fine. 

"I hate your ability sometimes, you know?" she sighed but smiled, however.

I only chuckled lightly, "None of this is your fault, Lisa. I'm okay, you're here." 

I could hear her thoughts calmed down a little bit at our mantra. 

"Penny for your thoughts?" I asked, as her brows furrowed deeper. 

"You know you don't need that, as you have free access into my mind," she chuckled. 

"I just want to hear you say it. It's different when I hear it from your thoughts and from your own mouth," I smiled, pointing out something she might not understand yet. 

She contemplated for a moment before sighing and surrendering. 

"I was just so worried, I thought you're going to leave me," she confessed. Her eyes looked sad and distressed. 

"I'm sorry," I exhaled, now feeling guilty. "I was... irresponsible." 

"Just be careful next time, please?" she pleaded, and I instantly nodded. 

"Go to sleep, you need as much as rest you can get," she smiled, getting up. 

I grabbed her wrist to prevent her from leaving, "Stay, please? I don't like to be alone," I pouted naturally.

Lisa smiled, the kind of smile that reached her eyes. 

"Of course," she gave in and took a seat on her previous spot.

"Cuddle? It's cold," I suggested- more like commanded, softly. 

She only laughed then slipped beneath the blanket with me. 

What a kiddo, I heard Lisa thinks so loudly in my ears.

"Hey, I'm not a kiddo," I punched her arms slightly, knowing damn well it had no effect on her. "I'm in lack of blood, I can't be warm on myself. And you, Avatar, you can get me warm with your elemental manipulation." 

She only laughed at my blabbering. "Are you saying you want me to burn this bed?" 

"No! Of course not, silly," I laughed with her. Who's really the kid now?

"Just stay here, and shut up sister," I commanded, resting my head on the right side of her chest. 

She wrapped her arms around me, and I felt immediate warmth spreading all over my body.

That night the cold weather was nothing compared to the warmth Lisa had given me, thousands of thank you to her elemental manipulation ability.