Chapter 4: Dio the Pacifist Part 4

Start from the beginning

For a brief moment, Jojo almost felt like beating the boys up, but he turned his head back to me and sighs with the sound of an understanding defeat.

"Yeah..." he sighed, "I guess you're right. I don't like it when people make fun of me. It's annoying..."

"I understand how you feel."

So, we walked back to the mansion as I looked at the overcast sky that muffled the sun as if it was a thick quilt. My eyes met with Jojo's and explained why I was experiencing these headaches.

"Jojo, recently I've been experiencing these headaches because I sensed that Dio was about to do something horrible that would make you suffer for an eternity. I know that you haven't notice his actions yet, but for me I have these flashbacks of when I was in my real universe long ago; they scarred my mind with a sense of overconfidence and vain when I first made those choices, and they would hurt me even more as I exceeded to the point of ruling my own world. As a consequence of making these wounds in my existence, I'm left with a permanent sting in my cranial area without a question left to be released."

"Blimey...that's terrible..."

"I cared about you for a long time, even when I was in my own reality as my selfish vanity overlay it permanently. This feeling grew out of my shell throughout the decades of becoming a ruler and after my ascension, I lost the sense of being sentimental and had the tears to regret what I've done in the past. If I remained in my reality as a god, then all I would feel is a sense of eternal grief and nothing else."

I began to shed a tear when I remembered about how miserable I was when I was ascended.

"I tried to bare my sorrows, but the more I kept it in, the more I would suffer a long-lasting holy lament ― and eventually fall into pieces like a marble pillar crumbling into debris of despair..."

"I'm sorry to hear about tha-"

My arms briskly wrapped around Jojo tightly without holding any grudges of the past and sobbed on his shoulder right before he could finish his sentence. Jojo hugged me back and patted my back gently.

"Everything's going to be okay, Dmitri..." Jojo cooed as if a mother is calming a child, "Just think about the things you did to help me feel better. If we let go of the past, we won't have to worry about them; besides, I know that there will be a bright future heading our way."

My tears soaked Jojo's shirt while I tried to calm down my weeps of forgiveness.

"You're right..." I replied, wiping my tears out of my eyes, "I should let my regrets go... It's no use to hold them back..."

When we entered the mansion, I saw Dio reading Mary Stuart by Friedrich Schiller near by the stairway. I wouldn't dare to say his name, neither would Jojo; however I felt that same headache again, which caused me to collapse and squirm in agony.

"Dmitri!" Jojo caught me when I was about to fall to my knees and panicked about the headaches I told him about. When he looked at my trembling face, he noticed that my earring (apparently it was an ear cuff) was glowing into an indigo hue.

If I'm not mistaken, Jojo thought, Dmitri might have said that whenever Dio was going to make his move, he would experience these headaches...so does that mean that his ear accessory would react to how soon he does something that would actually mess up my life?

Dio rose up from his seat and approached at me menacingly.

"D-Dio..." I groaned out his name while I tried to fight the headache with my voice.

"I was waiting for you to come here, my twin." He snickered at me as if a spider claims its victory over a struggling butterfly.

"What did you did to Dmitri!?" Jojo yelled with his eyes scowling at Dio.

"I did nothing wrong, my dearest brother."

"H-he's lying..." I mumbled out so Jojo could hear me clearly, "He was planning to steal a kiss from Erina, but I-"

"Oh," Dio interrupted me in vain, "so you heard about Jojo's dearest Erina, huh? Now you want to frame me for something I haven't done yet; wouldn't you agree?"

I startled from how this would end up after he said that in a tone of vanity; to make matters worse, my headache grew even worse that I had two days ago.

Jojo was worried about my aches getting stronger and inhumane when I collapsed on my knees with my teeth gritting together to bottle up my screams of anguish.

Dio began to laugh at my defeat and came closer to me to see my face twisted with my sufferings.

"Well, who's the true brother now? I'm going to pulverize you until you quit your so-called brotherly relationship with Jojo once and for all!"

"Leave Dmitri alone!" Jojo roared at Dio before I began to glow a purple aura.

"Shut up..." I mumbled with the unknown wrath taking over my body.

"Huh?" Dio mocked at me and pretended he didn't hear that phrase, "What was that again?"

Dio was about a foot apart from me, which was almost to the point of coming in contact with him and going extinct; that's when I knew that I was about to lose it.

"Stay away from me!"

My voice boomed with uncontrollable anger when I raised my head and stared furiously at Dio with my eyes glowing a bright gold. My wail created an impact that sent both Dio and Jojo flying towards the walls. The collision and the aura subsided and my eyes returned to a neutral amber. I snapped out of my inhumane vexation so I could see Dio and Jojo both being knocked out.

I started to cry when I realized that my headache caused me to do this gruesome act while I saw Jojo got up from the impact, shocked at what I've done.

I covered my face and ran to my chamber so Jojo's father won't notice what happened.

"Dmitri, wait!" Jojo followed where I was running off to so he could try and comfort me.

"What's going on here, Jojo?" Jojo's father asked him strictly.

"It's not that important right now, father; my other brother is in pain. I have to help him somehow."

I shut the chamber door and ran to my mirror so I could see my reflection suffering. In the mirror, I could only see myself; a worthless god with an overwhelming shadow that would lurk in my soul for the rest of my life... I put my head down and muffled out laments of despair.

Why did I have to do that... first, my headaches....now my spleen!? Why do I have to become a monster... I should have remained in my own reality where nobody is watching me suffer...

I should have...

< To Be Continued |\/\|