2: ᴄʟᴏsᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴅɢᴇ

Start from the beginning

Soon, we finish our food and make our way home.

As soon as we walk into the house, Daria gets a facetime call.

"Oh! It's Winona! Do you mind if I answer it?"

"D, it's fine. Go talk to your friend." She gives me a quick hug, and answers the call.

"Hey Winnie!"

"Hey, Daria!"

I catch a glimpse of the girl the same time she sees me in the background. "Who's that?"

Daria smiles and gestures for me to come over. "Winnie, this is my sister Ellie. Ellie this is my friend, Winnie."

I smile at the pretty girl

I smile at the pretty girl. "Nice to meet you Winnie!"

She smiles back. "Nice to meet you too, Ellie."

"Well, I'll let you girls talk, I'm gonna go unpack, okay?"

Daria nods and flings herself on the couch, giggling.

Shaking my head, I grab my suitcase and make my way upstairs.

Once I'm in my room, I let out a breath and slump against the door. Today was a good day, but it was hard.

Everyday without him is hard.

Instead of unpacking, I decide to take a bath in the large clawfoot bathtub.

Once the tub is filled with bubbles, I strip out of my clothes and tie my hair up. I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror, and I walk closer to get a better look.

I stare at the scars that I still have from the wedding, and I trace the scar on my stomach from when I got shot. The scar is a little stretched out as my tummy grows. Turning to the side, I put my hands around my small but growing bump. If you didn't know, it would just look like I ate too much.