winds

Rose knew that lissa seemed like a shining star to the rest of the world as she stood in her blue and gold evening gown smiling others' fears away yet rose couldn't agree. Lissa was beautiful and a natural charmer but in the last week lissa seemed like a different person to rose. Everything had been alright when they first came to court, they were all just trying to fit in. Then Adrian showed up and seeing how well all her little puppets were doing the queen asked them to help with royal duties. 
Rose had known that she would have to participate in some form of royal engagements, however, what she had hadn't expect was for all of them to become her little puppets and especially for lissa to accept it the way she had. Rose was beyond worried. Talking to a bunch of royals and making a strong impression wasn't difficult for her, what was difficult was not walking over to lissa and dragging her away from the bright room that was secretly full of darkness. 

"Princess, what an honor," said a Tarus house prince who rose really didn't know. She could sense the humor in his voice, calling a dhampir princess was nothing more than a joke to them, and most made it clear. "hello" rose replied as she was told to not be a 'snob' and 'rude child'. 

"You know dhampir, you can at least pretend to care" 

"I'm not here to please you... Rufus?" 

"Jacob. fine then, explain to me princess why instead of trying to promote how great dhampirs are you are simply standing here? I think you're hurting the queen's image more than helping it." He said with a sweetening sick smile. 

" I'm not here to do the queens work" I replied, not returning his smile. "then, Abe's? surely, there's a reason your standing here being miserable" 

"not like you care" 

"well, I don't have anything else to do. Give this curious cat something to live on" another smile. these royals made rose sick, they could say the cruelest things with the brightest smiles. 

"I'm bored too, give me something in return" 

"This is why I hate you Ivashkov, can't even respect your elders slightly" 

Rose couldn't help but laugh at that, "no, you hate 'us Ivashkov's because you want the crown" 

He finally gave a genuine smile, which was completely different from his usual smile. it sickened rose farther. "fine then, I'll give you something in return. I don't see why you're even trying, even the Dragomir girl has more followers than you, there's no point in you pretending to be a royal" 

"are you trying to make me jealous of lissa?" 

"no, I'm trying to show you the true colors of Tatiana, she's pretending to care about the dhampir because a large number of dhampir have no fate or liking to this court and you're just here to fix that problem for her, she's trying to stop any uprisings or anyone saying that she doesn't care for your kind. she cares much more for the Dragomir girl and her darling Adrian of course. Remember this, people like her and Abe care for power so if you can't impress these people around you, you are useless. Now, tell me, what great cause are you fighting for by not following the queen's orders of simply talking to people properly?" 

"I'm not interested in being her perfect little protegee if that's what your whole speech was about," Rose said, not quite expecting where the conversation had gone. "besides, why do you care?" 

"I don't I'm just seeing which way the wind is going love," he said back to his creepy smile "making sure I'm on the right side of the war"

war

Going back to my comrade ( VA fanfiction) ( Discontinued )On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara