ten

Chase sipped his water as he watched his daughters interact with their mate. Being a human and with his daughters being the only vampires he knew, this was his first time ever seeing a mated couple, or couples, interact.

Michelle sat next to Luca, their thighs touching with their legs intertwined as they talked quietly.

Miller, Remy, and Addison were cuddled together in a heap of limbs as they talked and laughed while drinking from their blood bags.

Chase wasn't going to say anything, content with learning more about mates as he watched his daughters interact with theirs. He was quiet for almost ten minutes when a thought suddenly came to mind.

"Girls," he said, immediately drawing the attention to him.

"Yes?" the twins both questioned in unison.

"What's going on with S and M?" he asked, the twins happy that he abbreviated it.

"Oh um," Michelle sat up. "Nothing yet. We were waiting until you would be there."

"Yeah? When do you want to? It doesn't have to be anytime soon, don't rush."

The twins mates sat confused, not wanting to rude and ask about something that obviously didn't concern them, but also wanting to know why they were being so vague.

"Now would actually be great. If we wait any longer, we'll be behind schedule," Miller responded.

Chase looked back and forth between his girls, wanting to make sure that they were totally, one hundred percent sure.

Standing, he nodded. "Okay. Boys," he said, finally addressing them as they looked up in confusion. "If you would follow us, I believe my girls have some news to share."