one

Pushing down the nerves they felt, Michelle and Miller walked into the school building.

It was already nearing two months into the school year but the twins had just moved to Florida after growing up in Australia.

Their dad, who was a single father, had gotten an amazing job opportunity only a few weeks prior and it took little to no convincing for his daughters to agree to moving. It also didn't help that Miller had been expelled from school only days before either.

Now here the two were, going to a brand new school in a brand new country, state, and city. Not to mention the fact that they were sixteen years old and going into their senior year after skipping junior year.

Entering the building, the hallways were already empty, making the two speed up once they realized they were late.

Michelle entered the main office first, Miller following.

Once they had picked up everything that they needed from the receptionist, including late passes, they began their search to find their homeroom.

The school that their father had enrolled them in was fairly small so they weren't too surprised when they saw that they had a lot of their classes together.

When they found their homeroom, they paused outside of the door, taking a deep breath before Miller opened it and led Michelle inside.

The class room was loud and filled with laughter as everyone talked.

All the desks were moved into a circle so everyone could see each other, the teacher laughing right along with everyone else.

As soon as the door opened though and everyone noticed the twins presence, the laughter slowly quieted down. The homeroom teacher stood, a smiled still on his face as he walked over to the girls.

"Hey, what can I help you ladies with?"

"Um, you're Mr. Alverez, right?" Miller questioned.

He nodded. "Yes, I am."

"We're knew here and you're on our schedules as our homeroom teacher."

Mr. Alverez smiled. "Oh, great! It's nice to meet you guys, so glad you're here. Why don't you both pull up a chair and join our circle to you can introduce yourselves."

The twins nodded, both grabbing a chair and sitting beside each other once room was made for them.

Once they were settled, Mr. Alverez spoke again. "Right, so, on the first day of homeroom, everyone introduced themselves and we got to know each other by basically playing twenty questions. So, if you don't mind, we'll have you both introduce yourselves and we'll ask you questions so we can get to know you better."

The two nodded. "Sure," Michelle answered.

"Basic questions first," Mr. Alverez said. "Names, age, grade, and where you're from."

"Um, I'm Michelle."

"I'm Miller."

They both answered with their names separately but ended up saying the rest in unison.

"We're sixteen, we're seniors, and we just moved here from Australia."

Once everyone got over their slight confusion and awe, they all laughed.

"So you guys skipped, what, one or two grades?"

"Just one," they nodded.

The twins attention turned to a girl that was seated across from them as she spoke up.

"What made you guys moved here from Australia?" She asked.

Miller bit her lip as she glanced at Michelle, trying to hide her smile.

"Our dad got a job offer here. And Miller got expelled from school so it all worked out I guess," she shrugged.

"Why'd you get expelled?"

Looking up from the floor, Miller met blue eyes. She felt like her heart stopped beating for second, immediately knowing that he was her mate.

She snapped out of it quickly, trying to even out her breath as she calmly answered him.

"I um, got in a fight with a substitute. He had to get rushed to the hospital and I was expelled the moment I got arrested at school."

"Wasn't her fault though," Michelle cut in with a smirk in her sisters direction.